VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 01:29:50 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orange colored glasses on.. UT may beat UGA..  (Read 4982 times)
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2018, 02:10:11 EDT »

Yes,I know last weeks game was a dumpster fire and what ever could go wrong did with 6 turn overs.
BUT.. The running game has showed signs and gained about 148 yards last week.
UGA has struggled against the run this year and UT usually plays jaw jaw pretty tight
between the hedges and a 35 point underdog is a bit much imo.
UT has to have some things bounce their way and protect the ball and do a better job protecting the qb
but I wouldn't count them out of this game because for all that went wrong last week,
if UGA takes the Vols lightly and thinks it's gonna be an easy win,I'm sure our players are chomping at the bit to try to redeem themselves..We'll see..Is why they play the game..Go Vols!!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 02:34:06 EDT »

I've got a feeling that we will play and look better this week and also got a feeling Pruitt and Helton had a backroom meeting Sunday and the play calling will look better this weekend than that cluster play calling we saw against FL....Don't think we will have much chance to win but I think we look more competitive....At least we can hope.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 02:57:50 EDT »

I've got a feeling that we will play and look better this week and also got a feeling Pruitt and Helton had a backroom meeting Sunday and the play calling will look better this weekend than that cluster play calling we saw against FL....Don't think we will have much chance to win but I think we look more competitive....At least we can hope.
According to Brent Pruitt spent a lot of time in their viewing session this afternoon with the OFFENSE, particularly the OL and WR

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 03:26:13 EDT »

Would be a sweet shot in the arm if they could pull one out..Road win against jaw jaw ranked #2..Probably won't happen but I agree,should be a lot closer than Vegas thinks..I hope!
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 04:42:37 EDT »

I would like nothing better. I just dint think there is any way that this team can even keep it close. I so hope that you are right and I'm completely 100% wrong.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 04:52:56 EDT »

I think Georgia names its score. This will likely be the best defense we've faced to date, overall, and their offense isn't too far behind WVU's. If we keep it closer than 3 touchdowns I will consider that a win. I expect it to be ugly and if I were betting, I'd take UGA.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 05:58:13 EDT »

I also think we will look and do better than the UF game (hard to do worse!), but will be a long shot to beat uga.  Still stranger things have happened and we almost always play them tough.  Don't think uga D is "all that" although definitely the best we have faced so far (not saying much!).  Hoping it's funner to watch than that Florida travesty.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 03:55:21 EDT »

I'll be shocked if we keep it as close as 3 TD's.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 05:35:44 EDT »

I just hope that the guys don't get so discouraged that they lose the rest of the season as an opportunity to grow and hone their skills. I figure Georgia is gonna make it very ugly, even without the advantage of 6 TOs.                        
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 06:36:41 EDT »

I just hope that the guys don't get so discouraged that they lose the rest of the season as an opportunity to grow and hone their skills. I figure Georgia is gonna make it very ugly, even without the advantage of 6 TOs.                        

That;s the key.  Playing the brutal three game stretch coming up - hardest in college football, per ESPN - will either steel the team into something much better that will be competitive in November, or cause them to give up.  Gut check time!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 10:05:40 EDT »

UGa has been running the ball well. Their OL is going to wear our DL out. Put 8 in the box and make them throw it. Oh wait..our secondary is weak too.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 06:25:05 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 10:29:12 EDT »

UGA won 41-0 at Neyland last fall.  I see nothing from either side to indicate that a similar result won't come about 6:30 PM on Saturday.  
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 05:45:16 EDT by HerbTarlekVol » Logged

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 12:10:20 EDT »

UGA won 41-0 at Neyland last fall.  I see nothing from either side to indicate that a similar result will happen come about 6:30 PM on Saturday. 

I'll go ahead and predict we don't get shut out and the margin will be less.  Last year is a good guideline, but with significant differences on both sides of the ball for both teams.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 03:43:19 EDT »

I'll go ahead and predict we don't get shut out and the margin will be less....

Ok, 42-2 then

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2018, 03:44:46 EDT »

Ok, 42-2 then

Hahha.  I'll bet you it's less than 40.   

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2018, 03:46:47 EDT »

Hahha.  I'll bet you it's less than 40.   

How much? It will be a 50 spread

11B4PJ3F7
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2018, 11:37:08 EDT »

Yeah,I love how all the Georgia fans and sports writers are so confident already chalking up the W.
I guess they forgot what happened the last time UT came to town..
On paper, yeah it looks bad for the Vols BUT all of the mistakes I've seen can be fixed..
Say it is a close game in the 4th quarter.. All the pressure is on jaw jaw.
Nobody's giving the Vols a chance. I think they will have their chances,they will need make the most of them and with a little luck who knows.. Go Vols!!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2018, 11:51:53 EDT »

Yeah,I love how all the Georgia fans and sports writers are so confident already chalking up the W.
I guess they forgot what happened the last time UT came to town..
On paper, yeah it looks bad for the Vols BUT all of the mistakes I've seen can be fixed..
Say it is a close game in the 4th quarter.. All the pressure is on jaw jaw.
Nobody's giving the Vols a chance. I think they will have their chances,they will need make the most of them and with a little luck who knows.. Go Vols!!
You are correct. The score is tied right now. Without six turnovers, the game won't be a rout.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2018, 05:59:54 EDT »

How much? It will be a 50 spread

Whatever you want, within reason.  Are you saying you are  going to spot me 50 points?  If so, I am in for sure.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2018, 06:00:53 EDT »

You are correct. The score is tied right now. Without six turnovers, the game won't be a rout.

Also, Jones did well against uga his first time to face them.  And if he could.....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: