VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 03:41:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nice article by Rucker  (Read 1504 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2018, 07:02:30 EDT »

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Rucker-Winning-at-Auburn-no-crazy-thought-for-this-Tennessee-Vols-football-team-123048634/

Auburn’s offense is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma that has been tied to thick cement blocks and tossed into a river full of hungry piranhas.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 01:15:44 EDT »

The worst thing that happened to us was Auburn losing last weekend to Miss State..Hide and watch.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 07:48:01 EDT »

The worst thing that happened to us was Auburn losing last weekend to Miss State..Hide and watch.
I

You may be right.  And while Auburn gave up a shizzle ton of running yards to MSU, it was mostly Nick Fitzgerald, and while he's not an elite RB i just learned that he did break Tebow's SEC QB rushing record, and that's impressive to say the least.  JG will never come anywhere near breaking Tebow's record, but if he can help pick up a few first downs over the course of the day it may help.

It's going to be an interesting matchup.  Two keys will be can our run game even come close to what MSU did and also how will our young secondary look vs. an apparently overated Stidham?  I almost hesitate to mention that last one, because recently QBs tend to have career days against UT.  But I am firmly in the camp that says superstitions don't matter, so I think Stidham (sp?) has been so underachieving this year that we have some success stopping him.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: