VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 07:26:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Interesting" point by Patrick Brown on AU game  (Read 2037 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2018, 06:11:47 EDT »

https://twitter.com/pbrown247/status/1048766283481829377

He says that since Nick Fitgerald "ran wild" on the Auburn Tigers, if we can just find an elite RB in the next 7 days we have a shot of winning.  Really?  Since when is Nick Fitzgerald an "elite RB"?  

I'll say this...given their struggles on offense, we have a much better chance at AU than I would have thought earlier this year, that's for sure.  

The last time I went to AU was the ugliest game I have ever seen was a 14-12 abomination in which one AU score was a fumble return by Crompton from about the 3 yard line, and we could only manage 4 FGs.  Ugly, ugly offensive game on both sides.  Both Tuberville and Fulmer tried to jump over to the spread in the same year and it cost them dearly.

I think this game Saturday might have some similarities.  
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 11:29:48 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 08:14:56 EDT »

https://twitter.com/pbrown247/status/1048766283481829377

He says that since Nick Fitgerald "ran wild" on the Auburn Tigers, if we can just find an elite RB in the next 7 days we have a shot of winning.  Really?  Since when is Nick Fitzgerald an "elite QB"?   

I'll say this...given their struggles on offense, we have a much better chance at AU than I would have thought earlier this year, that's for sure. 

The last time I went to AU was the ugliest game I have ever seen was a 14-12 abomination in which one AU score was a fumble return by Crompton from about the 3 yard line, and we could only manage 4 FGs.  Ugly, ugly offensive game on both sides.  Both Tuberville and Fulmer tried to jump over to the spread in the same year and it cost them dearly.

I think this game Saturday might have some similarities.   
The only thing uglier was each set of fans seeing who could poor moth their team the most

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 08:32:59 EDT »

Auburn opened at 17.5 favorites.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 11:30:17 EDT »

The only thing uglier was each set of fans seeing who could poor moth their team the most

Yeah. Heh. Are you going this year?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 11:58:16 EDT »

Yeah. Heh. Are you going this year?
No, can't afford to fly over for it

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: