VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:56:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's just be honest  (Read 2131 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2018, 01:11:15 EDT »

Dirty recruiting+Roids+Unethical roster management+Having the SEC office in your back pocket+Having a coach that is BFFs with the NCAA prez=What we saw today.

There are a few programs who can duplicate the first three parts of this equation (Smart is just a recruiting class or two away from doing so at UGA), but the secret sauce is in those final two. And nobody else is getting their hands on that recipe until Saban calls it quits.

Sour grapes? You betcha. But prove me wrong.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 01:24:21 EDT »

Worst beating by Bama ever I read on TOS.....but that's Bama's fault?
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 01:30:49 EDT »

I've never seen so many non calls on such blatant holding. I will be the 1st to say that they are slam packed with great athletes, but holy shizzle, they hold on just about avery single play

11B4PJ3F7
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 01:39:50 EDT »

Worst beating by Bama ever I read on TOS.....but that's Bama's fault?

I'm not saying that our wounds aren't largely self-inflicted. But there is a mountain of photographic evidence of bammer players getting extra benefits. A couple have even boasted about it on twitter. And yet the SEC and NCAA won't even make a cursory phone call.

Meanwhile, one photo of Aaron Craft in Bruce Pearl's kitchen was enough to scramble the jets out of Birmingham and Indy. What kind of conclusion are we supposed to draw?

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 01:51:39 EDT »

Bama wanted Trey Smith really really bad...So much so Saban himself was in the Smith's home 24 hours before Trey's announcement. They didn't offer them a dime to come to Bama. Fact.

And I watched the replay of the Auburn game and I counted no less than 10 holding's on us not called. It goes both ways in every game but we just look at it as we are the only ones getting screwed and we are the only team that plays the game clean.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 02:00:54 EDT »

Bama wanted Trey Smith really really bad...So much so Saban himself was in the Smith's home 24 hours before Trey's announcement. They didn't offer them a dime to come to Bama. Fact.

And I watched the replay of the Auburn game and I counted no less than 10 holding's on us not called. It goes both ways in every game but we just look at it as we are the only ones getting screwed and we are the only team that plays the game clean.

Again- none of this even piqued a bit of interest from our friends in Indy:

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 02:11:39 EDT »

I've seen photos of stuff like that from many recruits at many schools over the years and not just Bama. Schools cheat.....water is wet. You have to prove it. Everyone in the free world knew $cam Newton was paid for but again....prove it. Remember what was said about Tee Martin's recruiting at UT?....couldn't prove it.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 02:15:30 EDT »

I've seen photos of stuff like that from many recruits at many schools over the years and not just Bama. Schools cheat.....water is wet. You have to prove it. Everyone in the free world knew $cam Newton was paid for but again....prove it. Remember what was said about Tee Martin's recruiting at UT?....couldn't prove it.

At least the NCAA did their due diligence on both of the cases you mentioned. They investigated and couldn't come up with enough evidence to sanction. But they haven't lifted a finger on Saban's teams. I wonder why?

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 02:53:48 EDT »

You are preaching to the choir BDV, as you know.   And yes, the last two items are unique to bammer.  I do see calls that favor them occasionally, but I think having the SEC office in Birmingham is more linked to not catching them cheating.

Add to the fact that Obama thought college players should be paid anyway, and that likely led to 8 years of lax enforcement by the NCAA.  Heck...I'll go one further.  The NCAA had Miami dead to rights but the Feds screwed them.  And their Prez just happened to be named Shalala 

https://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news/article1947421.html

I think the NCAA has been toothless ever since, although under Sessions they are going after the bball corruption.

Maybe they will get around to football, although Sessions is a bammer boy.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: