VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 06:48:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Report  (Read 1793 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2018, 02:45:48 EDT »

We got our butts whipped

Offense:
OL:  Doesn't matter the configuration of the line we still suck.  All too often the bamer DL pushed the OL into the backfield.  At least two blown blitz pickups, the first led to the sack/fumble/TD
In pass pro, non blitz they were ok most of the time

WR:  Other than JJ really a no show.  Callaway with a drop on play #, non factor rest of the game, poor blocking as well.  Byrd ran a good route on his TD, similar to the Callaway route and JJ route earlier in the game
RB:  Difficult to tell how good they might have been when the OL is being pushed back into their faces. Chandler made a nice grab on the first pass to him by Chryst. 
QB:  Chryst was pretty hot for awhile but then bamer adjusted.
Coaching:  More varied Called some interesting plays.  Improved.

Defense:
DL:  Over matched, ZERO pressure, even when they started to get close on the edges, a quick step up and pass away
LB:  Really a non factor for the most part.  I think Sapp played the best, but that is faint praise.  The OL were a non factor outside the pick 6 by Phillips.
DE:  Disaster.  Taylor, WTF?!?  Shamburger was atrocious at safety.  Warrior, for my earlier complaints was the most consistent.  Osborne as a replacement for Taylor wasn't a good answer.  Henderson played better IMO.
We do flip our safeties - Warrior is always on the field side - something bamer took advantage of.  I thought TK Jr played ok, at least he knows how to tackle.
Coaching:  We had no answers, of course their QB is damn good, fantastic arm and has great vision.

ST:  Till the shank our punter was MVP
Chandler is still got me going WTF!

Overall I was convened with the lack of discipline across the board, whether it was Taylor, Jennings or London.  Two home games in a row where we have seemingly lost our composure.

Still believe we can get two more wins in the SEC but it will be a struggle
I intend to go to Williams Brice next week.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 03:07:20 EDT »

USC 40%
KY 30%
Mizzou 30% (Mizzou QB will throw for a mile)
Vandy 50%
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 03:16:14 EDT »

USC 40%
KY 30%
Mizzou 30% (Mizzou QB will throw for a mile)
Vandy 50%

Are those your assessments?  I look forward to seeing what ESPN FPI says when it's updated tomorrow or Monday.

Looks like we have to win this week to go to a bowl. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 03:18:02 EDT »

Pirate, I'll push back very slightly on the DL.  We did force some hurried thows that went wide and were close to sacking tua a couple times.  Not saying that's a big deal or that it mattered much, but there if defender is about to sack the QB and he throws it away that does count.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 03:38:51 EDT »

Are those your assessments?  I look forward to seeing what ESPN FPI says when it's updated tomorrow or Monday.

Looks like we have to win this week to go to a bowl. 

IMO that's our chance % of beating those teams as of today.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 03:46:58 EDT »

Looking at the crap fest in Lexington tonight

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 03:55:18 EDT »

Looking at the crap fest in Lexington tonight

I think we can beat either one of those teams.  UK is one dimensional on offense, usually plays poorly in November,and we have them at home. Vandy has yet to win an SEC game.   

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 04:01:56 EDT »

If I was a college HC and Mason got fired at Vandy I'd make him the highest paid DC in the country. Sucker can coach defense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: