VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 11:12:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting our *** beat sucks, but...  (Read 2626 times)
Creek Walker
« on: October 21, 2018, 04:41:45 EDT »

seeing the look of anguish on Urban Meyer's face makes it much more bearable.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 04:47:06 EDT »

My thoughts exactly!

I'm already over today's loss and chilling on the couch, enjoying Urban's surrender cobra.

Somebody wanna order up some Papa John's for the guy?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 05:01:40 EDT »

Purdue with 35 points? That must be a fluke. I read somewhere that OSU has a really good DC. 

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 05:02:56 EDT »

Purdue has some quick, fast suckers on offense. They can flat fly. The must have improved a lot being 3-3 and lost to Eastern Michigan.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 05:05:40 EDT »

Hilarious tweet:

Travis Cabage
‏ @Travis_Cabage
27m27 minutes ago

Former Tennessee HC Jeff Brohm is owning former Tennessee HC Greg Schiano.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 05:17:42 EDT »

Urban came up with an airtight gameplan for Purdue, but it got deleted from his iPhone.

Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 05:17:48 EDT »

And now it's 49-20 Purdue. This is epic.  
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 05:20:41 EDT »

Purdue with about half the stars that OSU has....Coaching and X's and O's does matter.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 05:36:15 EDT »

Purdue has some quick, fast suckers on offense. They can flat fly. The must have improved a lot being 3-3 and lost to Eastern Michigan.

Herbsteit said their star WR, who is a true frosh - Monroe - was recruited by all the big programs including bammer but had a connection to Brohm since he attended Brohm's HS until his senior year.  Lucky for Brohm I guess.  Monroe is a legit elite 5 star.

Brohm is also an excellent coach.  Upset several bigger programs at Iowa State.   I guess if Pruitt doesn't work out....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 05:41:55 EDT »

Herbsteit said their star WR, who is a true frosh - Monroe - was recruited by all the big programs including bammer but had a connection to Brohm since he attended Brohm's HS until his senior year.  Lucky for Brohm I guess.  Monroe is a legit elite 5 star.

Brohm is also an excellent coach.  Upset several bigger programs at Iowa State.   I guess if Pruitt doesn't work out....

The word was....Brohm said thanks but no thanks to us in this last coaching search. Pretty bad when a Purdue coach tells you no thanks if true.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 06:10:14 EDT »

The word was....Brohm said thanks but no thanks to us in this last coaching search. Pretty bad when a Purdue coach tells you no thanks if true.

Not sure an offer was ever made, but it would have been hard for him to leave Purdue after just one year and the buyout was pretty large IIRC. 

Interesting that it helped his recruiting apparently. 

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2018/05/07/jeff-brohm-addresses-rumors-about-interest-in-vols-job/

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 06:15:06 EDT »

Not sure an offer was ever made, but it would have been hard for him to leave Purdue after just one year and the buyout was pretty large IIRC. 

Interesting that it helped his recruiting apparently. 

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2018/05/07/jeff-brohm-addresses-rumors-about-interest-in-vols-job/

We were interested but he said no thanks before Currie could take it any further.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: