VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 09:22:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: does anyone here Sling?  (Read 2019 times)
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2018, 03:21:20 EDT »

I'm about to pull the trigger on the orange & blue packages (dammit I hate saying those two colors together), namely because I can get the SEC network. I want to drop cable, but I hope tat someone will talk me out of it if they had a terrible experience.....

11B4PJ3F7
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 03:59:00 EDT »

I didn't want to take my clothes off.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 01:40:11 EDT »

I'll be honest: I tried cutting the cord. I went back.

My ISP is not especially reliable. It's not terrible, but just bad enough for the stream to hang up at inopportune times during games. Also, I like to have multiple games playing at once and I couldn't do that with Sling. Mostly, though, I liked the interface of satellite better than having to back out to a menu and start a new stream every time I wanted to flip the channel. Plus I missed not being able to record games.

I tried Sling and PS Vue and wound up going back to Dish.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 07:17:57 EDT »

I'll be honest: I tried cutting the cord. I went back.

My ISP is not especially reliable. It's not terrible, but just bad enough for the stream to hang up at inopportune times during games. Also, I like to have multiple games playing at once and I couldn't do that with Sling. Mostly, though, I liked the interface of satellite better than having to back out to a menu and start a new stream every time I wanted to flip the channel. Plus I missed not being able to record games.

I tried Sling and PS Vue and wound up going back to Dish.

Thanks Ben, that's good info. My wife and I don't flip channels too much, so I think I'm going to give it a try to shee how it works out. Our internet is remarkable, but cable costs WAY too much (with internet & cable [no pay channels], its $280ish). I can cut $150+ a month

11B4PJ3F7
10EC
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 08:32:54 EDT »

Thanks Ben, that's good info. My wife and I don't flip channels too much, so I think I'm going to give it a try to shee how it works out. Our internet is remarkable, but cable costs WAY too much (with internet & cable [no pay channels], its $280ish). I can cut $150+ a month

WOW …. I have 140 channels on Comcast and 150 mps internet and I'm paying $129/mo plus taxes
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 02:42:30 EDT »

WOW …. I have 140 cha.nnels on Comcast and 150 mps internet and I'm paying $129/mo plus taxes

welcome to Comcast....

11B4PJ3F7
tngamecock
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 07:43:21 EDT »

I'm about to pull the trigger on the orange & blue packages (dammit I hate saying those two colors together), namely because I can get the SEC network. I want to drop cable, but I hope tat someone will talk me out of it if they had a terrible experience.....

One thing you need to check. I found this out the hard way with Netflix. Comcast cable has data limits and if you go over streaming TV shows on your wireless you get charged five or $10 for every additional 50 gigs. Understand charter cable has no data limit. So you better check with your cable provider On Internet data limits
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 03:34:20 EDT by tngamecock » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: