VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 12:21:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We were thoroughly out-coached tonight  (Read 2528 times)
Creek Walker
« on: October 28, 2018, 04:50:23 EDT »

It was a good gameplan on both sides of the ball, but USCe made the proper adjustments on both sides of the ball and we never adjusted. I mean, it is what it is...South Carolina has a better team and probably should've won the game. But, still...
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 04:57:19 EDT »

Defensively, I agree.  Offensively, not totally.

Penalties were the killer tonight.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 04:58:52 EDT »

Defensively, I agree.  Offensively, not totally.

Penalties were the killer tonight.

agreed

11B4PJ3F7
wtkvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 04:59:24 EDT »

I don't believe some of these players can be coached.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 05:04:19 EDT »

I will say not trying for at least a FG with time on the clock and a TO in your pocket before halftime is pretty glaring right now.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 05:29:53 EDT »

Our OL on offense and every position group on defense severely limit in game adjustments.  I actually thought it was Helton's best of the year, but you can't have 7 discipline penalties.  On defense, you can't adjust once they exploit your weakness unless you have the personnel to reinforce without exposing other weakness.  We don't.  I do agree that there is plenty of coaching opportunity, including fundamentals and discipline, but this was basically a personnel loss.  
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 05:34:35 EDT »

Pruitt has to show recruits we can win games like this...I've watched every game USC had played this season and we made them look much better than they have in any game......Period
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 07:13:27 EDT »

Our OL on offense and every position group on defense severely limit in game adjustments.  I actually thought it was Helton's best of the year, but you can't have 7 discipline penalties.  On defense, you can't adjust once they exploit your weakness unless you have the personnel to reinforce without exposing other weakness.  We don't.  I do agree that there is plenty of coaching opportunity, including fundamentals and discipline, but this was basically a personnel loss.  

I disagree. The losses to Alabama, Georgia, Florida and West Virginia were personnel losses. This was the first one that Tennessee could've won, perhaps should've won, and didn't. That's why this one stings more than any of the others.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 07:37:35 EDT »

USC had 8 3rd downs....Our defense got them to 8 3rd downs the whole game tonight.... The 82nd rushing offense in the country ran it up our butt holes tonight....I really thought by the 8th game our Pruitt led defense would look much better against a 2nd tier SEC team. Very disappointing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: