VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 02:11:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Report  (Read 938 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2018, 03:18:40 EDT »

Since I had 4+ hours to think about it this morning driving back a bit abbreviated since off to Atlanta to fly back

Overall observations:
LACK OF DISCIPLINE!
6 pre-snap penalties on offense
2 Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties
Lack of discipline in sealing the edges (Warrior and pick-a-linebacker I'm looking at you!)
not once, not twice, but at leat three (3) times Warrior allowed himself to get washed up inside in the 2nd half alone.  Perhaps he was trying t do too much but that is not an excuse.  TK out played him
Our margin this year is so slim we cannot hurt ourselves, which we did over and over last night

Play calling hid the offensive line issues, till we had to pass and they were like so much tissue paper.

Offense:
QB:  JG was ok, missed a couple of easy passes.  Tried to do too much at times, competed
RB:  Jordan was a warrior but we need Chandler's speed in the lineup.  Chandler limped off once, could have led to his limited touches in the 2nd half
WR:  Got exposed last night.  Only two showed up, and they both hurt us badly with their 15 yarders.  7 and 48 could not get open all night though 84 was open behind the secondary and JG under threw him
OL:  Considering not too bad.  We ran better all night than we had all year.  Part of that was scheme in that we pulled guards and centers all night.  The left side killed us in pass pro all night (C, LG, LT).  I think we went with the same 5 all night

Defense:
OLE!
Very tentative in the 4th quarter, Pruitt was very passive in the calls, VERY FEW BLITZES, maybe 2 at most
DL:  Strong start, disappeared totally in the 2nd half!  Their effort on the two long pass plays should get all 7 of the front 7 benched for the rest of the year!
LB:  Stronger early, not present in the 2nd half, very poor discipline
DB:  I hold the two long pass completions on the DL  I was roasting marshmallow on both Brently had so much time

I'm PISSED!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 03:29:58 EDT »

agree about the amount of time Bentley had on the long passes.  No excuse for that. Also very disappointed in the D at times, particularly the second half.  They ran right through us first drive second half, then we gave up a couple long passes.

Also disappointed in the penalty that led to the short field on their first TD right before half. D had been playing great.  I think maybe we hold them if the ball is kicked in the end zone, but the penalty plus good return fired them up. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: