VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 12:49:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just in case anyone wants to pay attention to Charlotte...  (Read 1304 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2018, 02:50:10 EDT »

I expect an easy win, but surprisingly they don't appear to suck as bad as ETSU or UTEP.   They are around 0.500 and are coming off a win against Southern Miss, which is another kind of 0.500 team.

I think vast hordes of uninformed fans (I'm looking at you volsboy!) will expect it to be 50-0 and complain bitterly when it's not. 

I would anticipate something like 42-10, or 42-17 if we turn the ball over, and that will be good enough.

But if for some reason it's 35-17 instead, I don't plan on calling for Pruitt's head.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 10:12:50 EDT »

I'm sorry, but  a P5 SEC team should stomp teams like this. But when you see Bama beating SEC teams by the type of scores you expect us to beat Charlotte by, it really puts into perspective how much Pruitt has his work cut out for him.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 11:02:37 EDT »

I'm sorry, but  a P5 SEC team should stomp teams like this. But when you see Bama beating SEC teams by the type of scores you expect us to beat Charlotte by, it really puts into perspective how much Pruitt has his work cut out for him.

Yes it does put things in perspective.  Then again, bammer is currently ahead of pretty much everyone, so is that a fair comparison in year 1?  Maybe in year 5 it will be, we can hope.  In the meantime maybe we can be as good as Georgia in as little as three years.  That might not be unrealistic.

But my point is that Charlotte is much better than UTEP or ETSU, and of course we won't beat them by as wide a margin as bammeer would, but then again neither would anyone else.

I hope we go on a 4 game win streak to close out the season.  It's possible, though not likely. Per ESPN we have about a 1 in 20 shot at it.  We have a roughly 50-50 change of winning two more games...hope that at least happens.

Everyone's expectations this year were for 5-7, and should still be.  Would love 6-6, but that's probably about 1 in 10 now.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: