VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 01:09:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So after all that talk about Chucky coaching at UT...  (Read 1970 times)
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2018, 05:02:29 EDT »

1-7 =
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 06:33:00 EDT »

Well...it is just the first year of a 10 year contract, but some of his moves have been really controversial, like trading one of the hottest if not the hottest defensive players to Chicago.  He is obviously going for a major overhaul and wants to re-stamp the team in his image.

I think people can rightly question if that's the correct approach, given that Oakland was doing relatively well before he arrived.

I'm not sure how his buyout is structured, but since the owner gave him 10 years, he is going to be there a while I expect. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 03:53:20 EDT »

Yeah,I'm not buying the Chucky Kool Aid... Sometimes you just fall into the right place at the right time with the right folks around you like when he won the Super Bowl. I don't think he's a great coach or even an ok coach.Time will tell but I don't see him surviving that 10 year contract. Just my opinion,but am glad he didn't end up at UT
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 03:58:55 EDT by crockettman » Logged
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 04:52:51 EDT »

I NEVER thought he'd EVER be the coach at UT and couldn't believe all the UT fans that fell for all that internet troll crap.......But Gruden and his ego played UT like a cheap fiddle when he or his camp could have squashed all the Grumors in it's tracks.......but his EGO was loving it. I wonder how that EGO is about now and even a lot of Raiders fans are already calling for his head........I hope he never wins much...falls on his ego and is forgotten about in 3-4 years.

With that said........if he's out of a job in 3-4 years and UT is looking for a coach you can bet the Grumors to UT will ramp up and many UT fans will fall for it.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 10:22:08 EDT »

I NEVER thought he'd EVER be the coach at UT and couldn't believe all the UT fans that fell for all that internet troll crap.......But Gruden and his ego played UT like a cheap fiddle when he or his camp could have squashed all the Grumors in it's tracks.......but his EGO was loving it. I wonder how that EGO is about now and even a lot of Raiders fans are already calling for his head........I hope he never wins much...falls on his ego and is forgotten about in 3-4 years.

With that said........if he's out of a job in 3-4 years and UT is looking for a coach you can bet the Grumors to UT will ramp up and many UT fans will fall for it.

Yeah.  It finally came out that he was to some extent encouraging the rumors to keep his name in the spotlight for an eventual return to the NFL.  It worked.  Now maybe he'll just embarass himself.   

I'll say this though...he won the Super Bowl at Tampa Bay with Dungy's players to be sure, but he built Oakland into a contender on his own, in spite of having to deal with Al Davis.  I wouldn't write him off just yet.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 11:08:20 EDT »

My feelings as well..You could see he had no real interest and was playing on the idiots that thought he might come to UT.. I flat out didn't want him and never will.
He could've been a man and saved UT the distraction and came out early and put it to rest but he didn't only to feed his ego and to help him get the Raider job.. Nice job at 1-7  .. Fizzle Chucky!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 11:10:45 EDT »

My feelings as well..You could see he had no real interest and was playing on the idiots that thought he might come to UT.. I flat out didn't want him and never will.. He could've been a man and saved UT the distraction and came out early and put it to rest but he didn't only to feed his ego and to help him get the Raider job.. Nice job at 1-7  .. Fizzle Chucky!

Maybe for a week or two when the very first rumors came out at the end of the Dooley era.  But then I found out how much he made on Monday Night Football and never gave them a second thought.  He would have had to be certifiable to come to Tennessee.

He does still love Tennessee though, so we have that going for us. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: