VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 05:49:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our guys play hard..........  (Read 3603 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2018, 12:59:53 EDT »

......….but I don't see how we win two of the next three games.

I hope I'm wrong and I'll gladly eat a big helping of crow but if we win two I'll be surprised.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 01:14:09 EDT »

I'm not sure how we win one of three, but if the SC team shows up it could happen.

I foresee a schism between Fulmer and Pruitt about Friend.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 01:20:08 EDT »

......….but I don't see how we win two of the next three games.

I hope I'm wrong and I'll gladly eat a big helping of crow but if we win two I'll be surprised.

Hard to argue at this point.

My hope for this week is that UK is so deflated from their loss to uga they come in flat.  Their offense is questionable and our D played well today.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 01:22:30 EDT »

After UF I thought that 3 wins was the ceiling. After Auburn I thought 6 wins was possible.  After today I think that 5 would be a really big achievement.

I hope that we finish 7-5, but I'm not holding my breath.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 01:23:42 EDT »

After UF I thought that 3 wins was the ceiling. After Auburn I thought 6 wins was possible.  After today I think that 5 would be a really big achievement.

I hope that we finish 7-5, but I'm not holding my breath.

Agree....but I think we can beat vandy for sure.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 01:58:39 EDT »

I hope that you are right, but I'm not as confident as you seem to be.

We just put up 20 rushing yards on Charlotte - a team in their 6th football season. We had 192 total yards of offense and scored one offensive TD.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 01:02:06 EST »

How in the world did we beat Auburn?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 01:06:35 EST »

I hope that you are right, but I'm not as confident as you seem to be.

We just put up 20 rushing yards on Charlotte - a team in their 6th football season. We had 192 total yards of offense and scored one offensive TD.

But as I point out elsewhere, they are the 6th best rushing D in the country.  Still, that was against a mostly crap schedule and they were allowing 90 ypg.  We should have done much better.

I am not sure why Banks got most of the touches though.  Unless Pruitt was sandbagging a bit.   

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 04:19:42 EST »

We might beat Vandy straight up. But we'll need help from UK and/or Mizzou to win either of those games. Maybe UK will come in with a UGA hangover next week.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2018, 04:21:20 EST »

We might beat Vandy straight up. But we'll need help from UK and/or Mizzou to win either of those games. Maybe UK will come in with a UGA hangover next week.

I think that's about our only shot.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 01:53:18 EST »

was watching Highly Questionable and they were half joking about Bama. They said their 2nd team led by Jalen Hurts could possibly be the second best team in the country. They also jokingly said you could combine all the best players from the next three top ranked teams and Bama still would probably beat them. I'm not so sure they are wrong. They are a normal Bama team with a Heisman QB. What coach would want to go coach in the SECW until Saban hangs them up? Another question...does Tua go pro after this year? If not he has another year.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 03:50:53 EST »

was watching Highly Questionable and they were half joking about Bama. They said their 2nd team led by Jalen Hurts could possibly be the second best team in the country. They also jokingly said you could combine all the best players from the next three top ranked teams and Bama still would probably beat them. I'm not so sure they are wrong. They are a normal Bama team with a Heisman QB. What coach would want to go coach in the SECW until Saban hangs them up? Another question...does Tua go pro after this year? If not he has another year.

Bammer is a really good team no doubt. But the 'art about their second team is a steaming pile of bullshizzle. They might be able to go to a bowl but tgey would get bitch slappedby a good team.
And the best three teams is bs also. Hell I think Clemson can take them as is.

Bammer has crushed a very weak schedule and shut out the mediocre offemse of a team coached by Ed Ogeron. Pump the brakes.

Can their first team beat any team in the country? Yes. But combine the talent at Clemson Georgia and say Ohio State and it would be game on.

But you know...the talent would be almost even....that shows the bammer domination in talent.

Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 05:05:23 EST »

Alabama is head and shoulders above any other team in college football this year. They will not be challenged. Nobody will come within 3 touchdowns of them at any point. This is going to be the most boring national championship game of the playoff era.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 07:56:52 EST »

Alabama is head and shoulders above any other team in college football this year. They will not be challenged. Nobody will come within 3 touchdowns of them at any point. This is going to be the most boring national championship game of the playoff era.

Disagree. Clemson has a D on par with LSU and an offense to go with it.

That's the only team that can hang with them though.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2018, 05:08:54 EST »

Disagree. Clemson has a D on par with LSU and an offense to go with it.

That's the only team that can hang with them though.

Think you are correct....Can't think of another team in the hunt that can MAYBE score enough with Bama to keep it close. Michigan has a good defense but couldn't score with them even though they are putting up some points. OU could put up some points with their offense but Bama would hang 50 on their defense.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 05:12:36 EST »

Think you are correct....Can't think of another team in the hunt that can MAYBE score enough with Bama to keep it close. Michigan has a good defense but couldn't score with them even though they are putting up some points. OU could put up some points with their offense but Bama would hang 50 on their defense.

Yep. Michigan too limited on offense, OU on D. Would love to see Michigan d vs bammer though.

Clemson is flying under the radar with all the Tua hype, but they are playing really well.

I will also say this....maybe OSU if they were playing up to potential, but with Urban well on his way to the loony bin it's very unlikely they make the playoffs or play anywhere near good enough to touch bammer.  They have a ton of talent though.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 05:36:56 EST by BanditVol » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: