VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 01:44:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pruitt vs. Richmond  (Read 2422 times)
Creek Walker
« on: November 04, 2018, 02:40:53 EST »

One thing that has puzzled me about this UT team is its lack of discipline. An exchange on the sideline tonight might help explain why. After Drew Richmond’s penalty, Pruitt walked into the o-line group on the sideline and got in Richmond’s face. I don’t know exactly what Richmond said back but it became heated. Pruitt repeatedly said “sit your @$$ down.” Finally he said “I’m gonna tell you one last time, sit the f*** down.” Richmond then tried to follow Pruitt down the sideline but was restrained. I thought Pruitt might be on the verge of sending him to the locker room. Instead, 51 was back on the field the very next series.  I am starting to wonder how much of a disciplinarian Pruitt is really.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 03:14:41 EST »

Pruitt probably got to thinking.......Who the F am I going to put in for him!!!

But I agree.....Pruitt doesn't have a good handle on this bunch.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 03:28:30 EST »

I don't follow line play but there was one play (confirmed on the replay) where it looked like Richmond just stood there and let his man go by. In fact, I was yelling at the TV about his man blowing by him.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 03:40:10 EST »

I don't think that he will ever be as successful as he wants to be and as successful as we all want him to be here, if he doesn't have discipline.

I don't know the team dynamic, but it's been discussed here already that there have been definite discipline breakdowns by this team.

Hopefully it turns out that it's not an issue.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 07:57:52 EST »

One thing that has puzzled me about this UT team is its lack of discipline. An exchange on the sideline tonight might help explain why. After Drew Richmond’s penalty, Pruitt walked into the o-line group on the sideline and got in Richmond’s face. I don’t know exactly what Richmond said back but it became heated. Pruitt repeatedly said “sit your @$$ down.” Finally he said “I’m gonna tell you one last time, sit the f*** down.” Richmond then tried to follow Pruitt down the sideline but was restrained. I thought Pruitt might be on the verge of sending him to the locker room. Instead, 51 was back on the field the very next series.  I am starting to wonder how much of a disciplinarian Pruitt is really.
Yet he was sat down for the 4th quarter
RG moved out to tackle and Hall in at RG

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
wtkvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 02:01:51 EST »

It is time an example is made. And somebody goes.That is how you get discipline. Act like you need discipline more than a particular>
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 05:01:58 EST »

It is time an example is made. And somebody goes.That is how you get discipline. Act like you need discipline more than a particular>

Have to agree.  Saban purged a lot of Shulas players after 2007.

I just hope Pruitt does the discipline right. He may let his anger get out of control sometimes.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 05:35:28 EST »

These are not his guys, and he is struggling with that fact.  It will be two years before we are "mediocre" again.  2019 will only be a slight improvement over what we have now, IMO.  I like CJP and his consistent message and the way he has articulated his vision for the team.  It will take time.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 07:36:16 EST »

These are not his guys, and he is struggling with that fact.  It will be two years before we are "mediocre" again.  2019 will only be a slight improvement over what we have now, IMO.  I like CJP and his consistent message and the way he has articulated his vision for the team.  It will take time.

I agree with you. I think that he is frustrated with a lot of what he's dealing with concerning this team.

I'm hoping that in 2019, improvement toward the UT that we all want to see one again continues. I don't think we can expect miracles, but we all should expect advancements to be made.

We need players with the ability to compete at a high level. I trust that his staff will identify, recruit and develop those types of individuals to the program.

I think that Pruitt is very likely the coach that could turn this program around. I'm really hoping for that.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2018, 10:22:36 EST »

I'm having similar thoughts, though at least the schedule is more favorable. 

We should at least make a bowl in 2019.  The key will be the offensive line.  We have the skill players and the defense has gotten better through the season. Pruitt being a defensive guy, I have no doubt we will continue to improve on defense, although we will have to replace most of the starting DL.  It may be midseason next year before the OL is decent though.     This is the worst OL I have ever seen at UT. 

Of course, Trey Smith is a huge part of that equation, but he needs to do what's best for his health.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: