VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 12:45:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chryst  (Read 2545 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2018, 01:21:12 EST »

I would not mind him coming in late second quarter if we are stagnant on offense.

There are pros and cons....my impression is the coaching staff wants to continue to develop JG, and that Chryst is unlikely to see the field barring an injury. 

IMO JG has had plenty of development time.  At this point in the season what harm is there in having them split time. 

JG is physically tough, we all know that.  He should be mentally tough enough to give up a few snaps for the good of the team this year.

There would be enormous benefit in winning at least two of the last three and making a bowl, and if playing Chryst is what we have to do, let's do it.

The downside is that if Chryst comes in and leads us to victory against UK, they almost have to start him the next game, and that is probably something they don't want to do. 

But IDK, I'd love to see him in the second quarter if JG struggles.  Of course if it's 3-0 Kentucky, maybe leave JG in.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 01:29:52 EST »

I don't get this outcry for Chryst to start. Just because he looked pretty good in garbage time against bammer, after they had called off the dogs? JG gives us our best chance, but they have to take the shackles off. We're not running on UK (it pains me to even type that), so any chance we have offensively is going to rest on JG's arm. Clearly we have protection issues, so roll him out and let him take some shots deep. Run some QB draws to keep them off balance. The kid was the #1 dual threat QB in HS, so stop trying to turn him into Peyton Manning. I know that's not our offense (though I'm still not really sure what our offense is) but that's what he have right now, personnel-wise. Put them in the best position you can.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 01:32:58 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 03:45:27 EST »

I don't get this outcry for Chryst to start. Just because he looked pretty good in garbage time against bammer, after they had called off the dogs? JG gives us our best chance, but they have to take the shackles off. We're not running on UK (it pains me to even type that), so any chance we have offensively is going to rest on JG's arm. Clearly we have protection issues, so roll him out and let him take some shots deep. Run some QB draws to keep them off balance. The kid was the #1 dual threat QB in HS, so stop trying to turn him into Peyton Manning. I know that's not our offense (though I'm still not really sure what our offense is) but that's what he have right now, personnel-wise. Put them in the best position you can.

The dual threat is way over hyped...He was listed as a dual threat QB but he was far from being No.1. Based on the MaxPrep Stats he had a total of 523 yards rushing his 4 years in high school. I watched him in the Under Armour game after his senior year and the first thing I thought was........This kid isn't a dual threat.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jarrett-guarantano/AesB5PTqEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 03:54:28 EST »

The dual threat is way over hyped...He was listed as a dual threat QB but he was far from being No.1. Based on the MaxPrep Stats he had a total of 523 yards rushing his 4 years in high school. I watched him in the Under Armour game after his senior year and the first thing I thought was........This kid isn't a dual threat.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jarrett-guarantano/AesB5PTqEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

Yep...and that has been very apparent, unfortunately.  A little more mobility would go a long way.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 03:58:47 EST »

Yep...and that has been very apparent, unfortunately.  A little more mobility would go a long way.

You can tell by the way he runs....that he can't run very well at all. Not his fault....he's just not a runner. You can put him in the Peyton Manning class of runners.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 03:59:26 EST »

Yeah calling for Chryst to start this late in the season  is bat shizzle crazy. I would not mind seeing him split snaps though.

I also would not be so quick to dismiss Chrysts success against bammer. The dogs were called off with JG still in the gsme and he did nada.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 04:16:13 EST »

JG was high 4* (rated 6.0 by Rivals, 5* starts at 6.1) and top 100 QB. According to this video, he rushed for 545 yards in his junior year alone (even with his season cut short by injury). Urban Meyer wanted him badly- and Urban doesn't recruit immobile QBs.

BTW, he also flashes a really nice deep ball here. We let him fling it against Auburn and...no one else, for some reason.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ErQOdgErvB8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/ErQOdgErvB8</a>

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 04:30:15 EST »

JG was high 4* (rated 6.0 by Rivals, 5* starts at 6.1) and top 100 QB. According to this video, he rushed for 545 yards in his junior year alone (even with his season cut short by injury). Urban Meyer wanted him badly- and Urban doesn't recruit immobile QBs.

BTW, he also flashes a really nice deep ball here. We let him fling it against Auburn and...no one else, for some reason.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ErQOdgErvB8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/ErQOdgErvB8</a>

Maybe lack of time.  Although I'll say he flung it deep against Junior a few times.  They just won the 50 50 balls unfortunately.   I guess chump studied the auburn film.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 04:32:02 EST »

You can tell by the way he runs....that he can't run very well at all. Not his fault....he's just not a runner. You can put him in the Peyton Manning class of runners.

Well...not that bad!  Lol.  But definitely over hyped as a runner.  It seems he was good in college but can't handle SEC speed.  Also maybe the coaches discourage it, given all the hits he is already taking.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 02:06:23 EST »

You can tell by the way he runs....that he can't run very well at all. Not his fault....he's just not a runner.
uuuhhhhhh? 

You must be thinking of someone else

11B4PJ3F7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: