VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 06:44:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I know they scraped the bottom of the barrel for our announcers BUT  (Read 3158 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2018, 01:31:00 EDT »

They were next level bad.  They kept pointing out how we struggled to run and never once mentioned how good Charlotte is on run defense.  I only knew because Chris Doering mentioned it last night on the SEC network.  So there was some corporate knowledge there, did the producer not do ANY research at all?

But the best part occurred near the end of the third quarter....JG tried to throw a pass to the RB out of the backfield and the RB stumbled a bit and missed it (and was wide open).

Dumbass1:  "And Jordan misses the catch"
Dumbass2:  "Yes, the Vols are missing Ty Chandler.  He's their best pass catcher out of the backfield but he's banged up".
Dumbass1:  "Yes it's unfortunate, he plays a bit here and there, but Jordan not as good at catching the ball"

(Camera zooms in to "Jordan" trotting off the field, with a number 8 and the word "Chandler" on his jersey)

Dubmass2"  "Yes it would be nice for the Vols if Chandler could play"

OMFG.  It was right there on the monitor and they still missed it.  Unfizzleingbelievable.  
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 01:38:33 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 02:18:17 EST »

Spare me the narrative about Charlotte’s run defense. They play a CUSA schedule. Going into the final drive we had -3 rushing yards against freaking Charlotte. Even if Charlotte’s run defense statistics were legit, it was an abysmal effort. Yes, Tennessee struggled to run and that’s putting it mildly.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 02:22:51 EST »

UMass put 49 on them.....App State 45.....MTSU 21...UAB 28. UT offense 7. Lets not sugarcoat that Crap-show today.
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 02:35:05 EST »

Just a total lack of effort and emotion. “Going through the motions” has never seemed a more accurate descriptor.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 03:41:58 EST »

Dressing up a pig doesn't change the bacon.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 04:20:57 EST »

Spare me the narrative about Charlotte’s run defense. They play a CUSA schedule. Going into the final drive we had -3 rushing yards against freaking Charlotte. Even if Charlotte’s run defense statistics were legit, it was an abysmal effort. Yes, Tennessee struggled to run and that’s putting it mildly.

I won't spare you the narrative.  They are the best run D we have faced statistical.  Facts do matter, believe it or not, not subjective opinions that just because it's CUSA it doesn't matter.

Yes, they are CUSA, but let me ask you this.  Do you think our O Line is even CUSA quality?  I don't.  At least, I think I would take one of the better CUSA lines over ours. I am sure the bottom feeders in that conference are worse.  And given that, we should have had a different game plan is my point.  Our coaches seemed unaware that they could actually play run D.   I'd put their run D over USC's in a heartbeat.

I agree it was an abysmal effort and there is no excuse for that.  Which again goes to my point, we should have been passing more than we did, and then after they are spread out to stop the pass, run.  Seems pretty elementary to me.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 04:28:23 EST »

And why are your panties in such a wad about this anyway.  Were you one of the guys in the booth?   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 05:24:53 EST »

And I just saw the other comments.   Yes, those other teams put up big points on Charlotte.   But they didn't do it by running the ball, with the exception of UMass, who likely got most of their yards late.  They threw it all over the place.  Thus I am questioning the game plan.  That should make some of you happy since you've been b$itching about that anyway.

No one is sugar coating anything or putting any lipstick on pigs, just pointing out part of why I think we didn't score more.

JG was 16/21 for 172 and a TD, and IMO could have put up huge numbers if they had just allowed him to.  Chris Doering stated last night that we might have trouble running on them but should have a huge day passing.  I guess maybe CJP and Todd Helton should have watched the same show I did, because I thought it was obvious.

I also think that Pruitt doesn't give a shizzle about style points and didn't really try to score after about the middle of the third, and I don't like that either.  Style points are one thing, but you have to finish the game strong.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 08:01:35 EST »

They were next level bad.  They kept pointing out how we struggled to run and never once mentioned how good Charlotte is on run defense.  I only knew because Chris Doering mentioned it last night on the SEC network.  So there was some corporate knowledge there, did the producer not do ANY research at all?

But the best part occurred near the end of the third quarter....JG tried to throw a pass to the RB out of the backfield and the RB stumbled a bit and missed it (and was wide open).

Dumbass1:  "And Jordan misses the catch"
Dumbass2:  "Yes, the Vols are missing Ty Chandler.  He's their best pass catcher out of the backfield but he's banged up".
Dumbass1:  "Yes it's unfortunate, he plays a bit here and there, but Jordan not as good at catching the ball"

(Camera zooms in to "Jordan" trotting off the field, with a number 8 and the word "Chandler" on his jersey)

Dubmass2"  "Yes it would be nice for the Vols if Chandler could play"

OMFG.  It was right there on the monitor and they still missed it.  Unfizzleingbelievable.  
If you listened to them Banks & CFA were converted RBs who were moved to RB in desperation

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 06:25:19 EST »

This.  No way to put lipstick on the pig that was our offense on Saturday. 

It was freakin' Charlotte, not the Carolina Panthers we were playing. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 07:00:29 EST »

This.  No way to put lipstick on the pig that was our offense on Saturday. 

It was freakin' Charlotte, not the Carolina Panthers we were playing. 

Both you and CW's posts are completely off target.  I wasn't offering the information about Charlotte having a good run defense as any sort of excuse for Tennesse, but simply as something the announcers should have mentioned.  Something very basic and elementary that was mentioned on the SEC Network the night before.  What was the producer doing when he prepared for this game?  Doing shots at Calhoun's I guess, because it was just about the worst production I have seen, and that's saying something.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 08:14:36 EST »

Playing on the SECN alt. channel I guess you get the bottom of the barrel announcers.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 10:18:51 EST »

Playing on the SECN alt. channel I guess you get the bottom of the barrel announcers.

Yes, but they could have pulled a warm body off the streets and done better, just about.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: