VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 02:40:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's official- we're a basketball school...  (Read 3921 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2018, 03:29:51 EST »

When even the hype vids that VFL Films puts out are better for hoops than they are for football...

https://twitter.com/Vol_Hoops/status/1059597481120542723

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 03:45:53 EST »

BTW, might this be the most likeable sports team we've ever had? Not only do they all represent themselves and their school very well on and off the court, but they seem to have fun doing it.  I've seen teams with lots of personality that were full of thugs, and teams full of choirboys that acted like automatons.  But it's rare that you see a team with the best of both extremes.  There don't seem to be any Tony Harris or Ramar Smith types on this roster. This is a group to truly be proud of.

(And now that I say that, Grant Williams will probably be arrested tonight. )

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 03:45:07 EST »

Yeah they really seem to genuinely get along.  Great team chemistry can lead to great things!
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 05:53:46 EST »

Incredible video!! WOOOO!  GO VOLS!!   

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 06:10:13 EST »

Usually don't get basketball ready until Jan. but I'm ready now. I think the Vols game is on the SECN tonight. There are some other good games tonight....Mich State vs Kansas and Duke vs KY.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 06:16:36 EST »

This is one of my favorite UT squads ever...right up there with the team that Bruce took to the Elite 8 and it will probably surpass that one by the end of the year. Major Wingate has become maybe my all-time favorite UT basketball player.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 06:31:26 EST »

This is one of my favorite UT squads ever...right up there with the team that Bruce took to the Elite 8 and it will probably surpass that one by the end of the year. Major Wingate has become maybe my all-time favorite UT basketball player.

Major Wingate?

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 06:40:16 EST »

Usually don't get basketball ready until Jan. but I'm ready now. I think the Vols game is on the SECN tonight. There are some other good games tonight....Mich State vs Kansas and Duke vs KY.

Yep. I usually only pull the second TV out on weekends, but tonight I'll have basketball on one and election coverage on the other.

Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 06:45:38 EST »

Major Wingate?

Wrong rank. Obviously that should be Admiral Schofield. It's my deadline day and my brain is fried. I just jump online for a couple of minutes here and there to catch a breather.  Major Wingate is not anywhere close to my all-time favorite UT player, for the record. 
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 06:47:48 EST »

Yep. I usually only pull the second TV out on weekends, but tonight I'll have basketball on one and election coverage on the other.

Democrats win, it's a repudiation of the Trump administration and a loud-and-clear message by Americans that they regret electing Trump. (CNN) Democrats win, it's a typical midterm swing of the pendulum; the president's party loses an average of 24 congressional seats during midterm elections, and it would've been far worse if not for Trump's willingness to stump for GOP candidates. (Fox News)

There, I saved you the trouble and you can just watch basketball.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 06:52:23 EST »

Democrats win, it's a repudiation of the Trump administration and a loud-and-clear message by Americans that they regret electing Trump. (CNN) Democrats win, it's a typical midterm swing of the pendulum; the president's party loses an average of 24 congressional seats during midterm elections, and it would've been far worse if not for Trump's willingness to stump for GOP candidates. (Fox News)

There, I saved you the trouble and you can just watch basketball.

I don't care about their worthless analysis. I just want to see who wins.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 10:05:47 EST »

Is the basketball game on TV?  SEC network?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 10:07:34 EST »

Is the basketball game on TV?  SEC network?

Yep.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 12:40:03 EST »

Yep gonna be a fun season. I didn't realize Coach K is 71 years old. As much as most hate Duke and UK, that's a pretty tough first game of the season for them. Should be a good one. Most have UK ranked just ahead of UT in the polls, so I hope they start off with a L.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: