VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 01:45:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodness, Duke.*  (Read 2487 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2018, 05:46:37 EST »

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 06:49:16 EST »

Kentucky gets beat by 34 in the season-opener. My gosh that's fantastic. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 07:08:15 EST »

I enjoyed watching part of that.  Always fun to see Kentucky and particularly Calipari destroyed.

Calipari is finished.  He's a mediocre coach who underutilized the talent he had, and now that NC, Duke and others are in on the one and done and doing well at it, he has nothing.   It's going to be a long, slow - and enjoyable - decline at UK.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 07:16:52 EST »

Keep in mind that this is a very experienced UK team by Cal's standards. Certainly more experienced than Duke, who leans heavily on their freshmen. As a general rule of thumb, the more experienced team has the advantage in early-season matchups like this. And still, THAT happened.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 07:46:26 EST »

Keep in mind that this is a very experienced UK team by Cal's standards. Certainly more experienced than Duke, who leans heavily on their freshmen. As a general rule of thumb, the more experienced team has the advantage in early-season matchups like this. And still, THAT happened.

calipari vs. coach k is a very uneven contest

In the past calipari had the talent that Duke has now, or close to it, which gave him a chance to beat Duke.

This is what happens when the tables are turned.   very enjoyable to see that giant douche exposed. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 02:34:33 EST »

calipari vs. coach k is a very uneven contest

In the past calipari had the talent that Duke has now, or close to it, which gave him a chance to beat Duke.

This is what happens when the tables are turned.   very enjoyable to see that giant douche exposed.  

While the K vs. Cal part may be true, it's not like this UK team is hurting for talent. They have most of last year's contributors back, plus the #2 recruiting class in the country, PLUS a grad transfer that probably would have been the Pac 12 player of the year had he remained at Stanford. That team is loaded, and yet Duke beat the brakes off them.

I worry that in a season where we may have OUR best team ever, we may run into a once in a generation team at the end. But obviously we have a long season to get through before then.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 04:00:54 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 04:54:20 EST »

Yeah I get it. Tempted to buy into the hype but it's one game. Let's see how Duke plays over the season. But regardless I hope we don't meet them till the Final.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 05:09:42 EST »

So UK comes out and plays bad in their opener and everyone thinks they will suck. I don't bye it. Before this game the announcers were talking about UK's talent and said they might have the most talent in the country in their top 9 players. Could be they just had a bad game. I hope they lose all their games but I ain't calling their season over yet.

volsboyinsodak
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 05:21:48 EST »

Kentucky didn't suck, Duke was just that much better.  I am wary of superlatives early in a season, but Duke may be a once in a decade (or half century) team.  Barrett is one of the most polished players I have seen, and Zion would be the prototype for a lab creation.  3 through 12 ain't bad either.  I hate Duke almost as much as I hate kentucky, but---wow!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 05:48:11 EST »

Duke is scary good. Combine that talent and Coach K, they havin' a good year.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 06:05:27 EST »

OMG....First Take has a twitter poll...Will Duke go undefeated this year? Hell no! Pump the brakes Duke lovers.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 07:25:30 EST »

No, Kentucky sucks because Cal is bad coach.  I fear them not.

I also think Duke will come back to earth a bit.  But maybe not.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: