VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 10:32:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting tidbit on Missouri WRs  (Read 1249 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2018, 10:52:58 EST »

The top two by yardage, Emmanuel Hall and Jonathan Johnson, are both from Tennessee.  Hall is from Franklin and Johnson from Memphis.

They were both 3 stars in 2015.  I guess Mizzou gets a lot out of their 3 stars.   Per rivals, Vols did not recruit  Hall.  Biggest name recruiting Hall was bama, but mostly mid-majors.

Vols did recruit Johnson, with Mark Elder the recruiter.  

Hall is the long threat.  He is only the third leading WR in catches, but is no. 1 in yardage.  
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 04:43:56 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 12:50:40 EST »

On a Mizzou site I read where they are getting one of their best WRs back this week from injury but didn't catch who that was....Their good TE is out this weekend.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 04:43:07 EST »

On a Mizzou site I read where they are getting one of their best WRs back this week from injury but didn't catch who that was....Their good TE is out this weekend.

They probably meant Hall.  Hall and Johnson are their top two returning, and top two this year so far.  Hall got injured vs. Georgia early in the game and then missed the next 4.  In spite of missing five games he is the leading receiver.  He came back against Florida, but that's pretty recent.   It's worth noting that all four of Missouri's losses came with him out.  The TE is Okwuebunam, who is the third leading WR and set a Missouri record for TE catches as a frosh last year.  I hate that he's injured, but it does improve our chances. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/142/missouri-tigers

You can click on the individual players names and see the game by game. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: