VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 03:18:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vols BB moves up to #5 in AP Poll.........  (Read 3042 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2018, 06:57:53 EST »

They even received one first place vote. 

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25257579/duke-leapfrogs-kansas-no-1-latest-associated-press-top-25-men-college-basketball-poll
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 08:26:32 EST »

We play Kansas and Gonzaga both soon, and Louisville next week - we will find out how good we are

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 04:16:33 EST »

GaTech game was a tough defensive showing from the Vols. Or was GaTech just cold..lol?

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 07:37:18 EST »

GaTech game was a tough defensive showing from the Vols. Or was GaTech just cold..lol?

I saw a ton of rejected shots,  we were one of the best defensive teams in the country last year, and we had a huge size advantage on them.

So yeah....good defense.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 07:40:08 EST »

Not a good game by us and still won by 13....Ugly but a win.

Our players need to understand they are now the hunted and will get the best shot from teams we are playing.
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 08:35:19 EST »

Good - means March games won’t be a surprise.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 10:02:15 EST »

I saw a ton of rejected shots,  we were one of the best defensive teams in the country last year, and we had a huge size advantage on them.

So yeah....good defense.

It was an ugly game, but Ga Tech is a pretty good team in spite of not being ranked, and they somehow managed to get a guy eligible on the day of the game.  The ACC is 30-0 so far this year.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 02:51:04 EST »

It was an ugly game, but Ga Tech is a pretty good team in spite of not being ranked, and they somehow managed to get a guy eligible on the day of the game.  The ACC is 30-0 so far this year.

I was at the GaTech game and it was a horrid shooting night, especially at the foul lane.  We missed at least 5 front ends of one and ones and overall the team was like 20 out of 33 on the foul line (which is uncharacteristic of the team last year).  Also they were cold from the floor shooting about 40% or less so this was one of those "perfect storm" ugly games. 

If UT hits just half of the foul shots they clunked they would have won by 25.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 03:17:58 EST »

I was at the GaTech game and it was a horrid shooting night, especially at the foul lane.  We missed at least 5 front ends of one and ones and overall the team was like 20 out of 33 on the foul line (which is uncharacteristic of the team last year).  Also they were cold from the floor shooting about 40% or less so this was one of those "perfect storm" ugly games. 

If UT hits just half of the foul shots they clunked they would have won by 25.

Yes Williams was only 10 of 16 and he normally is about 90%.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 11:13:35 EST »

Wow...did you see that Bama's bb team got beat by Northeastern last night. I thought their coach was supposed to be turning them around.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: