VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 03:02:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pruitt vs. Dooley  (Read 1522 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2018, 10:20:58 EST »

Should be a mismatch. 

I really really really hope it is.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 11:17:13 EST »

What is hard to believe is that Jones left us in worse shape than Dooley. Jones had way more talent on his roster in '15 and '16 than Dooley ever did. Amazing our talent dwindled that quick to what we have left today.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 12:37:38 EST »

When you got a NFL to be QB on the other side you got to have the talent too.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 08:47:19 EST »

What is hard to believe is that Jones left us in worse shape than Dooley. Jones had way more talent on his roster in '15 and '16 than Dooley ever did. Amazing our talent dwindled that quick to what we have left today.

complete horse shizzle.  When Dooley left (Jones first year) we were playing two walk-ons in the two deep of our secondary.   That year our supposedly fastest player on defense ran a 4.7 at the NFL combine.  we are nowhere near that depleted.   We certainly don't have bammer-level or even LSU-level talent, but we are about on par with Florida and South Carolina.   Still more talented than Kentucky or Vandy.  Missouri I'm not sure, but I'd even give us a slight advantage there.  They have a great QB, really good WRs and a good line.  Decent running back.  But pretty much suxes on D. 

Dooley did leave us with a good O line in 2013.  But that was it.  We were otherwise depleted on both sides of the ball.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: