VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 03:08:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Only 11 times in UT football history  (Read 1971 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2018, 01:18:14 EST »

has UT given up 50 points......3 of them were to Missouri. And 2 in back to back years
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 01:25:04 EST by Tnphil » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 01:22:28 EST »

has UT given up 50 points......3 of them were to Missouri. And 3 in back to back years

Assuming a typo here- I remember WAY more than 3. Most of them coming in the last 10 years.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 01:24:30 EST »

We owe them.  Big time.  Next year they won't have Locke, should be a W for the Vols. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 01:25:39 EST »

Assuming a typo here- I remember WAY more than 3. Most of them coming in the last 10 years.

Yes...corrected. 11 times in UT history
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 01:26:42 EST »

We owe them.  Big time.  Next year they won't have Locke, should be a W for the Vols.  

We are a long way from beating a team like Mo. They are another Florida...in our heads.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 01:28:42 EST »

We are a long way from beating a team like Mo. They are another Florida...in our heads.

Meh.  I don't know about that.  I see them as a historically above average team with a once in a generation 1st round NFL QB who is an Missouri homer and just wanted to go there.  That ain't happening again for a long time. Take away Locke, they are a totally different team.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 01:36:05 EST »

Meh.  I don't know about that.  I see them as a historically above average team with a once in a generation 1st round NFL QB who is an Missouri homer and just wanted to go there.  That ain't happening again for a long time. Take away Locke, they are a totally different team.

We are 2-5 against them and Lock hasn't been playing for 7 years...They always have a good QB and we don't have a average one on the roster. We are a LONG ways from being above average.

I know your MO...if a ballistic head missile was heading for your neighborhood you'd be one the street corner with a megaphone shouting 'All is well'. 

We are a long way from being good. Just the way it is.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 01:45:34 EST »

We are 2-5 against them and Lock hasn't been playing for 7 years...They always have a good QB and we don't have a average one on the roster. We are a LONG ways from being above average.

I know your MO...if a ballistic head missile was heading for your neighborhood you'd be one the street corner with a megaphone shouting 'All is well'. 

We are a long way from being good. Just the way it is.

Yes, we are 2-5 against them, with Dooley and Jones as our coaches.  Pruitt will do better IMO.  I just don't have any real respect for Missouri and see them as a team that has taken advantage of our down spell.

I mean look how happy they were at the end of this game...and they are 7-4.   7-4 is still a bad year at Tennessee, believe it or not.  They aspire to be 7-4 with a lucky-ass once in a generation QB that they won't see again for a long time. 

I may not be confident about much, but Tennessee will turn the series against Missouri.  Florida and Georgia might be a different matter, but I'd bet money that Pruitt won't lose to Mizzou again for as long as he is at Tennessee.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 02:54:57 EST »

Yes, we are 2-5 against them, with Dooley and Jones as our coaches.  Pruitt will do better IMO.  I just don't have any real respect for Missouri and see them as a team that has taken advantage of our down spell.

I mean look how happy they were at the end of this game...and they are 7-4.   7-4 is still a bad year at Tennessee, believe it or not.  They aspire to be 7-4 with a lucky-ass once in a generation QB that they won't see again for a long time. 

I may not be confident about much, but Tennessee will turn the series against Missouri.  Florida and Georgia might be a different matter, but I'd bet money that Pruitt won't lose to Mizzou again for as long as he is at Tennessee.

Don't waste your time, the world just sucks in some peoples eyes

11B4PJ3F7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: