VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 12:44:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will JG be able to go Saturday?  (Read 3743 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2018, 02:01:30 EST »

Methinks not, if indeed he had a concussion.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 06:18:40 EST »

Iffy I'd say......I was shocked he went back in the game.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 07:21:33 EST »

If I was making a wager, I'd bet that JG is definitely out.  The way he was acting seemed to me to suggest a head injury that will take more than a week to clear through normal concussion protocols.

If that is true, we have to hope that KC gets a ton of snaps with the 1's this week and that he plays at the top of his ability on Saturday.
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 08:01:21 EST »

If JG can't go, Tennessee loses the game.

I know the KC fanatics don't want to hear that, but if Saturday wasn't enough to finally put to rest once and for all that KC isn't an SEC-caliber QB, their poor souls may never be enlightened.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 08:36:34 EST »

Pruitt said in his presser today that JG and Callaway are day to day. He said Callaway has a bruised chest. He didn't say anything about JG's injury.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 11:42:08 EST »

Pruitt said in his presser today that JG and Callaway are day to day. He said Callaway has a bruised chest. He didn't say anything about JG's injury.

It's in his interest to say day to day right up to the game.  KC shat the bed a few times Saturday, but he did well enough on the scoring drives and looked good against bammer also, so he can play.

I suspect he will be the starter Saturday, and if so, I hope he has a career day.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 03:49:47 EST »

If JG can't go, Tennessee loses the game.

I know the KC fanatics don't want to hear that, but if Saturday wasn't enough to finally put to rest once and for all that KC isn't an SEC-caliber QB, their poor souls may never be enlightened.

Agree.  And, if it's KC ... Helton will coach "not to lose" to try and avoid situations for KC to make mistakes.  This of course, is not a recipe for winning.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 05:56:50 EST »

I don't think JG plays all that well when he is hurt.  A hurt JG is about equal to a fresh KC, IMO.  I think we shoulda let JG rest for the Charlotte game.  I thought so before the game.  The kid is just incredibly banged up.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 05:27:45 EST »

JG took full reps today. Good news.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 05:43:15 EST »

From Hubbs:

"Jarrett Guarantano and Marquez Callaway were full participants in Tuesday's work. JG was throwing taking his normal reps as was Callaway. Both looked fine. JG threw the ball well and Callaway showed no limitations."
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 06:27:11 EST »

I don't know of any QBs that play well when they are playing injured. JG is a good QB, not saying all SEC or anything but good, he's not the problem; the problem is the horrible OL which prevents us from having a run game and therefore a balanced offense as well as leading to JG being rushed and/or hit every play.              
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 01:40:28 EST »

I don't know of any QBs that play well when they are playing injured. JG is a good QB, not saying all SEC or anything but good, he's not the problem; the problem is the horrible OL which prevents us from having a run game and therefore a balanced offense as well as leading to JG being rushed and/or hit every play.              

you're right...it just seems his throwing accuracy goes way down when he is hurt.  Maybe it has to do with the type of injury he is dealing with.  He really has taken a beating this year - the line has done him little favors.

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 06:45:01 EST »

I don't feel good about this game even with a healthy JG... If our front seven can't get pressure on Vandy's QB,he will carve up our secondary all day long just like Mizzou did last week.
Pruitt needs to dial up a defensive game plan to bring the house early and often,mixing up coverages.
If they get beat blitzing that's better than him sitting back there ordering a coke,sitting in a recliner,carving us up all day at 10-30 yards a pop.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 01:20:52 EST »

I've been reading that Shurmurs best two games are the last two against us. End of stops mess and last seasons debacle.
Defense still very challenged, but I will wager Shurmar does not have a third career day.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: