VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 11:52:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abolish the Coach's Show  (Read 2205 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2018, 11:46:14 EST »

The shows are a waste of 12 hours of a coach's time during football season.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 06:17:41 EST »

I watched a replay of it this morning.....Pruitt looked like he'd rather be getting a root canal than doing that show.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 11:37:33 EST »

With all the social media, I'm not sure many people watch them anymore.  In the 90s I made a point to watch it, but so many other sources of info are available now.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 12:47:46 EST »

With all the social media, I'm not sure many people watch them anymore.  In the 90s I made a point to watch it, but so many other sources of info are available now.

The Johnny Majors Show was usually classic.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 01:12:45 EST »

Good point about social media. Highlights are everywhere, though I'd certainly tune in to watch Johnny.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 07:01:42 EST »

The Johnny Majors Show was usually classic.

I still remember his last show.   The last thing he said was "It's been a fine shileaglah".  Whatever that means.     And he teared up a bit.   Though I was glad to see him go, I felt for him at that point.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 03:48:06 EST »

I thought it was kind of funny at first, the way Pruitt acted like it was such a waste of his time.  And perhaps it is, but there's another school of thought that it's sort of disrespectful for him to show such obvious disdain for the show.  I've complained about Bob as much as anyone, but the guy's just doing his job.  And this is part of Pruitt's job.  But, not a big deal or anything.  He's still learning about being a head coach.  Still really glad he's our coach.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: