VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 11:08:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is Georgia Tech going to hire?  (Read 2682 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2018, 05:31:53 EST »

They have been running that triple option for a while now and have recruited to it. Not a lot of coaches run that any more. Likely they will hire some who has a different offensive system

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 06:40:05 EST »

I think they go to the same source that they went to the last time - West Point

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 07:17:56 EST »

Possibly the shizzleidel.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 07:46:17 EST »

Malzahn?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 07:48:44 EST »

Malzahn?

lol

This rumor is all over the Auburn boards, but they are just desperate.

His buyout is still ridiculous. He is at Auburn for a minimum of two, maybe three years IMO. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 07:51:52 EST »

Now Lindsey's name is being mentioned as possible to join ole Les Miles at Kansas.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 07:54:29 EST »

lol

This rumor is all over the Auburn boards, but they are just desperate.

His buyout is still ridiculous. He is at Auburn for a minimum of two, maybe three years IMO. 

Buyouts don't matter. If Malzahn wants out (and he might) he can restructure his contract. Someone rich alum could pay his buyout. If Auburn wants him gone, he will be gone - buyouts don't stop stuff like that.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 09:44:53 EST »

Buyouts don't matter. If Malzahn wants out (and he might) he can restructure his contract. Someone rich alum could pay his buyout. If Auburn wants him gone, he will be gone - buyouts don't stop stuff like that.

When the buyout at the end of this season is $32M, it matters.  This was discussed exhaustively back in September and October when Malzahn was struggling and there was a broad consensus that there is no way Malzahn is getting bought out.  I don't think you were paying attention back then.

He may choose to leave and not take a buyout, but I just don't see it.  Ga Tech is not the weak Ga Tech of the 70s and 80s, but it's still a big step down from Auburn.

I honestly would bet my house...scratch that, 10% of the value of my house, that Malzahn does not leave Auburn this year.  I would bet significantly less that he doesn't leave next year.  2020 is the earliest he can go IMO, because the buyout drops to ~ $20 miliion.  I think he will do well enough by then that Auburn will keep him around another year or two.

Auburn would be happy if he left on his own.  Rumor has it they are making it hard for him to hire assistants and get upgraded facilities in order to encourage him to leave, but I have no idea if that's true.  If it is, it's very sad, because it means the BOT is sabatoging their own coach because they made a stupid contract decision.  So I don't actually believe those rumors.  It's in everyone's interest for him to succeed.

But yeah, my house is a rather moderate 1740 sq feet and it's an older house in an area of town that is not appreciating very rapidly - I am single and not too demainding of my house, though I am thinking about moving to a more modern one (mine was built in 64).  All of which to say my house is ~ 150K.  I will bet $15,000 that Malzahn doesn't leave this year.   

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 10:09:26 EST »

Since Lindsey is now out at Auburn I'd say it's a safe bet Gus is back.

My gosh....Gus beat Bama and UGA last year who were both No.1 at the time and played in the SECCG and they were beat up and their stud RB was injured. They had to replace almost their entire OL this season.....It's dumb to want to fire him right now.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 10:12:12 EST »

Since Lindsey is now out at Auburn I'd say it's a safe bet Gus is back.

My gosh....Gus beat Bama and UGA last year who were both No.1 at the time and played in the SECCG and they were beat up and their stud RB was injured. They had to replace almost their entire OL this season.....It's dumb to want to fire him right now.
If there is a fanbase dumber than ours it would be on the plains

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 10:16:23 EST »

If there is a fanbase dumber than ours it would be on the plains

1A and 1B....don't ask me who's the A.

Auburn will do anything to stay up with big brother Bama.....We are getting close to doing the same to keep up with Vandy.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 03:24:57 EST »

1A and 1B....don't ask me who's the A.

Auburn will do anything to stay up with big brother Bama.....We are getting close to doing the same to keep up with Vandy.

ouch

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 07:50:25 EST »

Update: GT hired Geoff Collins from Temple. Won't be triple option any more

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: