VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 03:53:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone ever bought a car online?  (Read 2494 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2018, 03:02:45 EST »

Yesterday I took the plunge and bought from Carvana. Their sticker price was the best I could find for what I was looking for. I probably could've negotiated better from a dealer, but I couldn't find a better interest rate anywhere else. And though it seems weird to buy without taking a test drive first, they do have a 7 day no questions asked return policy.

My car is set to be delivered on Monday. I'm excited.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 03:12:35 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 03:29:44 EST »

What did you buy?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 03:36:23 EST »

A '16 Hyundai Sonata. When I moved down here and took this job, I had intended to save up for a year or so and get a new truck. But as the repair bills started to mount for my current car, I decided I couldn't hold off any longer and had to go ahead and get something cheaper.

I'll have my truck someday...

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 03:39:09 EST »

A '16 Hyundai Sonata. When I moved down here and took this job, I had intended to save up for a year or so and get a new truck. But as the repair bills started to mount for my current car, I decided I couldn't hold off any longer and had to go ahead and get something cheaper.

I'll have my truck someday...

The prices of new trucks are outrageous. You can easily get to 70K or more.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 03:44:14 EST »

The prices of new trucks are outrageous. You can easily get to 70K or more.

Well, I was looking at getting something a couple years old in the 30K range. Still too rich for my blood at the moment.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 05:46:40 EST »

I've been half-assed looking for a truck all fall.  Nissan Frontier is very affordable, and I just want a light truck to drive to work and occasionally haul stuff in.   

My current vehicle is a 2012 Mustang, so if I get the truck I will have some minor body work done to the Mustang, it  has scratches everywhere.  Might get a whole new paint job, and the interior needs some minor work also, but I'll use the money I save by going cheap on the truck to revamp my Mustang.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 01:58:51 EST »

I've been half-assed looking for a truck all fall.  Nissan Frontier is very affordable, and I just want a light truck to drive to work and occasionally haul stuff in.   

My current vehicle is a 2012 Mustang, so if I get the truck I will have some minor body work done to the Mustang, it  has scratches everywhere.  Might get a whole new paint job, and the interior needs some minor work also, but I'll use the money I save by going cheap on the truck to revamp my Mustang.

I'm still driving the 2006 crew cab Frontier I bought in 2009, and I like it just fine.  If I had any complaint it would be the turning radius is pretty wide for a light truck.  Other than that, no complaints.  Not a bad balance of gas mileage and truck.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 02:05:41 EST »

Yesterday I took the plunge and bought from Carvana. Their sticker price was the best I could find for what I was looking for. I probably could've negotiated better from a dealer, but I couldn't find a better interest rate anywhere else. And though it seems weird to buy without taking a test drive first, they do have a 7 day no questions asked return policy.

My car is set to be delivered on Monday. I'm excited.

In the summer of 2015 I was in the market for a Chevy Suburban as a family truckster and my wife and I had a very specific color/trim in mind... found it online at a dealer in Columbus, OH and pretty much communicated with them via email and phone.  (They even sent me a personalized youtube walkaround of it).  Like you, it was the best price I could find as we'd been shopping for one for months, and the interest rate was better than I had already arranged through my bank, so I told my wife "let's go for it" and we drove up there on a Saturday.  I test drove it and eyed it over just to make extra sure (as much as I could, not being a gearhead.. i.e. nothing leaking and no funny sounds), but it was a good buying experience and we're still happy with the vehicle.  Sometimes I still can't believe I bought a vehicle that way, but worked out for us.  

Made a fun weekend out of it with the kids as there are some fun theme parks in Cincy.  Good memories of that weekend.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 02:07:31 EST by VinnieVOL » Logged
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 04:51:06 EST »

Please let us know how it goes when it's delivered. I'm intrigued.

My '98 Frontier with 455k miles (original engine, transmission, and clutch) blew a head gasket a couple of months ago. It was a great vehicle. And yeah, vehicle prices are outrageous. I went with a one owner used car.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 02:46:46 EST »

You'll still have the rest of the 10 year 100K mile warranty, so there isn't too much risk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: