VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 05:58:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AP poll out - Vols #3  (Read 2960 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2018, 06:40:36 EST »

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 09:01:54 EST »

That's a really big jump for the good guys.

Have you seen the uproar about the voter who doesn't have UT in the top 25? (Nor Duke, nor Kansas)
He won't vote a team in after one month unless they have played a "true" road game.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 09:04:22 EST »

Have you seen the uproar about the voter who doesn't have UT in the top 25? (Nor Duke, nor Kansas)
He won't vote a team in after one month unless they have played a "true" road game.
so, apparently no (zero (0)) SEC teams have played a "true" road game or was that just his EXCUSE for not voting for a single SEC team?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 09:08:19 EST »

He has five Big10 teams in the top 12 and six in the top 15 (going from memory so that may not be completely accurate).
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 09:15:18 EST »

Lots of season to be played yet, but my early impression is that those top 8 make up a pretty definitive top tier, and there's a big dropoff from Auburn to Michigan State.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 09:48:02 EST »

Gonzaga was essentially a road game.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 05:01:35 EST »

So this team SHOULD be favored in every conference game. Anyone brave enough to venture a guess on the over/under for how many conference games we lose? It would be cool to go into Auburn the last game of the season with us both undefeated in conference play. I can't imagine us not having a couple of bad games though. I will go with 2 conference losses. It is hard to go unscathed through the conference slate.

volsboyinsodak
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 05:33:45 EST »

So this team SHOULD be favored in every conference game. Anyone brave enough to venture a guess on the over/under for how many conference games we lose? It would be cool to go into Auburn the last game of the season with us both undefeated in conference play. I can't imagine us not having a couple of bad games though. I will go with 2 conference losses. It is hard to go unscathed through the conference slate.

I think we will be an underdog at Rupp and at Auburn. The good news on the Auburn game is that Pearl's teams tend to fade late (get tired maybe?). They did last year. We play them late.

The SEC is tough this year. I can see us losing a road game or 2 we're favored in.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 05:46:17 EST »

Hard to win in the SEC on the road when you don't bring your A game.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 06:31:01 EST »

If we were playing UK in Lex today, I think we'd be favored. They're in a bit of disarray right now, coming off a loss to Seton Hall and a close call against UNCG. But they tend to get it together as the season goes on, so we'll see what happens by then.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: