VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 11:49:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh, BTW- we still don't have an OC.  (Read 2986 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2018, 07:58:47 EST »

Does anyone even care anymore? I'm overcome by apathy.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 08:07:27 EST »

Eh, get it right and make sure whoever it is fits I say... more important than rushing to name someone just to say it's done.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 08:44:19 EST »

More than anything else, I think it is important to get it right. Over the long run, that is the priority.

In the short term I think that not having an OC in place could influence the early signing period, so that is worrisome.  It doesn't, however, warrant hiring someone who isn't the right person just to fill the spot for recruiting purposes.

Having said that, the dynamics of this search concern me "if" we are having trouble filling the vacancy because people are turning us down.  It very well could be that nobody has been offered the position.  It is also possible that coaches have simply opted not to take the open spot on our staff.  We just don't know.

At this point, we must put our faith in CJP.  He needs to get this right.  It very well could be the decision that ultimately helps to determine whether or not he will be successful here.

JMO
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 09:43:24 EST »

Whatever. The offense will suck again next year.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 02:22:12 EST »

If the OL can't block, I'm not sure the OC matters.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 06:23:59 EST »

Doug Matthews just said on radio that TN knows who they're going to hire.  "Wasted time worrying".  For whatever that's worth.

“I stand by what I said before. Tennessee knows what they are going to do at OC. Maybe it’s a coach that’s coaching for a championship, maybe there’s a buyout to work through, but they know who they are going to hire.”- Doug Mathews
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 06:46:59 EST »

“There are so many reasons to not name the OC right now and NONE of them are negative. Maybe they don’t want to take the 10th person they have on the road recruiting right now. That would happen if they officially hired an OC.”- Doug Mathews
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 10:31:33 EST »

Doug Matthews just said on radio that TN knows who they're going to hire.  "Wasted time worrying".  For whatever that's worth.

“I stand by what I said before. Tennessee knows what they are going to do at OC. Maybe it’s a coach that’s coaching for a championship, maybe there’s a buyout to work through, but they know who they are going to hire.”- Doug Mathews

If Tennessee has its man, why continue to interview candidates? I'm not sure Doug knows what he's talking about. I know he and Fulmer have been tight in the past but I'm wondering where his information is coming from.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 01:49:56 EST »

Eh, get it right and make sure whoever it is fits I say... more important than rushing to name someone just to say it's done.

This

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 10:24:56 EST »

If Tennessee has its man, why continue to interview candidates? I'm not sure Doug knows what he's talking about. I know he and Fulmer have been tight in the past but I'm wondering where his information is coming from.

Yep.  That's cover.  Pruitt pitched Cheney over the weekend.  If a hire has been made there is no need to continue to talk to potential candidates. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 03:28:40 EST »

Pruitt is waiting on Peyton to finish out his current contract for Nationwide commercials.

Wherever you go, there you are.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2018, 07:25:59 EST »

I love Doug Mathews, but he'll lose credibility if he carries Fulmer's water. What he said about keeping the OC secret last Sunday made no sense.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: