VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 10:51:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think of players setting out bowl games to protect their draft  (Read 1313 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2018, 12:25:52 EST »

status? Why is it okay for players like Grier to set out their bowl game, yet folks like Peyton Manning played in their bowl games, even hurt no less. None of these young, spoiled millennials have any reason to think they will be the #1 pick compared to what Peyton expected. Why is it alright for current players to set out? I think all players that set out should have to inform the powers that be after their last regular season ball game. Before the bowl selections are made. It would change a lot of bowl matchups. It totally changed the whole WVU vs Syracuse dynamic. Not the same bowl game without Greier. That doesn't mean the backup can't come in and play lights out. But the odds are against it.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 12:39:56 EST »

I think the pussy's that abandon their teammates for a bowl game should have their scholarships IMMEDIATELY REVOKED and be kicked out of school

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 01:06:05 EST »

Tend to agree Pirate....but I also think the same for coaches who tell their players.....kiss my ass and good luck in your bowl game because my ass is moving on for more money. Those coaches are turning their backs on the team too.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 01:39:54 EST »

Personally, I think that it is just plain selfishishness. I think that it shows a total lack of respect for your school, your teammates, and your coaches.

I would say the same applies to coaches who sign contacts with another school after beginning a season, so long as the school/team wanted the coach to continue through the end of that season.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 01:41:32 EST by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 01:55:20 EST »

Tend to agree Pirate....but I also think the same for coaches who tell their players.....kiss my ass and good luck in your bowl game because my ass is moving on for more money. Those coaches are turning their backs on the team too.
Agreed

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: