VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 03:51:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Richt retiring?  (Read 1919 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2018, 07:27:05 EST »

https://deadspin.com/miami-head-coach-mark-richt-announces-shocking-retireme-1831388440?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow&utm_source=deadspin_twitter

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 10:20:06 EST »

Lane would be a great fit there.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 11:41:56 EST »

IMO he hasn't looked real happy there.....Not much in a way of facilities, don't have their own stadium and just had a bad early signing period. Hard to believe but they just have a enrollment of around 10,000 students.

And yes....Kiffin would be someone they'll probably look at....I would.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 04:52:33 EST »

It's being reported that Manny Diaz, who accepted the Temple job just 10 days ago, is jumping ship and going to Miami.

Yikes.

Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 05:31:39 EST »

It's being reported that Manny Diaz, who accepted the Temple job just 10 days ago, is jumping ship and going to Miami.

Yikes.

That's tough. Ordinarily one would say Miami vs. Temple is a no-brainer decision for even someone who isn't a native son of Miami. But after just 10 days? And with National Signing Day looming? I know we're in the recruiting dead period, but that doesn't mean a new coach isn't hard at work doing his legwork on recruits.

It just stinks for Temple...makes Lane Kiffin's departure from Tennessee pale by comparison.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 04:09:33 EST »

I read where Miami is paying 4 million to Temple for his 10 day on the job buyout...Unreal.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 05:03:59 EST »

I read where Miami is paying 4 million to Temple for his 10 day on the job buyout...Unreal.

I get that Diaz had been there as a coordinator for a while, and they probably wanted to keep a little continuity- but this seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through for a career assistant. I would think that a school of Miami's stature could get someone with a better resume, without having to pay a huge buyout. Miami and Temple shouldn't even be shopping in the same zip code for their respective coaches.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 10:27:53 EST »

Sort of seems like a panic hire.  Richt didn't do them any favors by bailing when he did either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: