VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 09:54:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hyams with some OC nuggets  (Read 2535 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2019, 11:18:05 EST »

Hard to know what to believe, but here's his take.

http://www.sportsradiownml.com/2019/01/06/jimmy-blog-pruitt-narrows-focus-on-offensive-coordinator/

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 12:12:02 EST »

I'd be very happy if Chaney returned to UT. Given that he was hobnailed by Dooley ad a complete lack of talent, I can't hold anything against him due to the 2012 failure

11B4PJ3F7
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 01:23:48 EST »

Obviously Chaney coming back would be a dream scenario. Which is why it probably won't happen.

At this point, I'm fine with anyone but Sark. Just get it done already.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 02:05:20 EST »

Chaney's last year here we averaged around 33-34 points per. We scored 44 against UGA and lost.....Scored 48 against Mizzou and lost in OT... scored 35 against USC and lost scored 31 against Miss State and lost.....Our problem in most of our losses wasn't offense it was Sal's defense or lack of.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 02:11:25 EST »

Chaney's last year here we averaged around 33-34 points per. We scored 44 against UGA and lost.....Scored 48 against Mizzou and lost in OT... scored 35 against USC and lost scored 31 against Miss State and lost.....Our problem in most of our losses wasn't offense it was Sal's defense or lack of.

My problem when he was here was that he seemed to neglect the running game in favor of a wide-open passing attack, and as a result, when we HAD to have the 1-2 tough yards, we could never get them. But clearly that was either the doing of his boss at the time, or he's come around to embrace the ground game in a big way since then.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 03:23:46 EST »

My problem when he was here was that he seemed to neglect the running game in favor of a wide-open passing attack, and as a result, when we HAD to have the 1-2 tough yards, we could never get them. But clearly that was either the doing of his boss at the time, or he's come around to embrace the ground game in a big way since then.

Yeah.....Chaney never met a 3rd and 2 that he didn't love letting Bray throw the 30 yard out. I think maybe he's gotten out of his 5 wide Purdue Drew Brees mindset he had at UT.
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 05:56:13 EST »

When Helton left, I was ecstatic. There were so many names on the market...guys who were not only proven play-callers, but guys who are top-notch recruiters, former head coaches whose names will be familiar to any high school player's mom and dad. Surely we couldn't botch this one...could we? Well, here we sit on January 7, with National Signing Day looming.

What concerns me is how many names have been tossed around, with reason to think there's legitimate fire behind the smoke, then fizzled. We'll never know, but how many people has Pruitt seriously pursued? How many has he offered? What does it say about Pruitt WRT the reports from his previous stops that he's difficult to work with and for? What does it say about coaches' willingness to come to this program right now? Maybe it says absolutely nothing. Maybe it says a lot. I think it's concerning.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 08:13:15 EST »

What does it say about Pruitt WRT the reports from his previous stops that he's difficult to work with and for? What does it say about coaches' willingness to come to this program right now? Maybe it says absolutely nothing. Maybe it says a lot. I think it's concerning.

Maybe I'm just being an optimist but to me it simply means he's being deliberate and making sure the hire is a fit, rather than rushing to hire someone just to say it's done. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 04:32:57 EST »

Sounds like UGA is gonna pay Chaney to stay.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 05:17:00 EST »

Sounds like UGA is gonna pay Chaney to stay.

UT is the Oprah of CFB- making $$$ for coaches all over America.

YOU get a raise, and YOU get a raise, and YOU get a raise...

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 01:33:06 EST »

UT is the Oprah of CFB- making $$$ for coaches all over America.

YOU get a raise, and YOU get a raise, and YOU get a raise...

UT gets used more than a Nevada hooker.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: