VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 08:56:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How much did we improve in Pruitt's first year? (Link)  (Read 996 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2019, 07:32:49 EST »

By the numbers:

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/LongFormArticle/Tennessee-Vols-football-2018-stat-rankings-improvement-Jeremy-Pruitt-first-season-127331398/Amp/#click=https://t.co/rT87ivY5wm
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 07:54:51 EST »

I'd say significant improvements....especially when you stop to consider how little actual time the staff was together and permitted to coach the kids. I expect much more after a full year with 'em.                    
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 08:53:11 EST »

The only improvement that matters is in the W/L record. I don't know what to think about a coach that beats good Auburn and Ky teams yet loses bad to Vandy. We won one more game overall and 2 conference games.  We were fortunate to win 2 conference games. I'll take them. The bad news is UGa, UF are still getting better.  I just don't see an SEC East title in the near future. Not until he can convince enough kids to come to Knoxville to offset the talent the other schools have. What sucks and is scary, both Clemson and Bama return about all of their skill positions. Most of them are FR and Sophs. UGa has something like 68 Fr and Sophs on their roster. I just don't see us competing with anyone but Vandy in the near future. We have a talent problem. Until it is solved we will be in the bottom third of the SECE. It doesn't matter who we have for a coach with those facts.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: