VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 06:11:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GoVols247 Reporting it’s Chaney  (Read 12204 times)
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2019, 03:08:12 EST »

Well, I got the feeling folks thought I was here to start trouble, just based on some of the responses I got. I am not. Certainly not. That isn't me...at least not for a long time, and I have no plans to be a rude guest, ever again.

lol, no worries, you've been on VTTW for a hot minute. You're well known

11B4PJ3F7
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2019, 03:42:38 EST »

Well, I got the feeling folks thought I was here to start trouble, just based on some of the responses I got. I am not. Certainly not. That isn't me...at least not for a long time, and I have no plans to be a rude guest, ever again.

Yeah, we got a bit excited last night... (speaking for myself)... we know you come in peace.   
bravodawg
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2019, 04:34:10 EST »

Thanks folks. Best of luck to the Vols, going forward. Recruiting looks like it is going well for you, and I am certain that y'all have upgraded your coaching situation mightily over the last 13 months. I'd bet everything I have that y'all are (at least) in a decent bowl this coming season.

bravo
bravodawg
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2019, 04:41:13 EST »

I do bet that either Fulmer or Chaney (one or the other...but definitely not both) is going to be disappointed A LOT when they check the donut box in the lunchroom, though!

JK around,
bravo
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2019, 05:23:33 EST »

Well, color me shocked. If the reports are true (3 years, 5M), we're paying out the nose for him. Which we HAD to do, but hopefully he's worth it.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2019, 05:58:05 EST »

Well, color me shocked. If the reports are true (3 years, 5M), we're paying out the nose for him. Which we HAD to do, but hopefully he's worth it.

For a lot of years we complained about bargain bin shopping for coaches... seems times have changed in that regard.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2019, 06:01:50 EST »

For a lot of years we complained about bargain bin shopping for coaches... seems times have changed in that regard.

Yep. Hopefully that's a sign that things are changing.

bravodawg
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2019, 06:22:11 EST »

Wow- that is a huge upgrade from what he was making in Athens.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2019, 06:44:19 EST »

From Dawgnation:

"But Chaney did some good work at Georgia, and that shouldn’t be dismissed. Coordinators should always be judged on bottom-line production, and that’s yards and points and third-down conversions and red-zone scoring percentages and the like. In that regard, Chaney did a very good job at Georgia. The Bulldogs were first in rushing, second in scoring and third in total offense this past season. Their 39 points per game scoring average was the second-highest in school history. And they got a little better each year under his watch."
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2019, 06:52:50 EST »

https://utsports.com/news/2019/1/9/tennessee-football-hires-jim-chaney-as-offensive-coordinator.aspx
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2019, 07:38:25 EST »

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
UGADawginVA
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2019, 07:40:00 EST »

I just want an OC that does not pucker up in the 2nd half...I dont know if that was Cheney getting conservative or Kirby telling him to do so.

Lets get someone who opens up the playbook...stretch the field
10EC
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2019, 07:45:21 EST »

If we come back.... I’m giving huge credit to Fulmer.

Although I think he has a love child with Holly or something to that affect.
Creek Walker
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2019, 07:47:31 EST »

If we come back.... I’m giving huge credit to Fulmer.

Although I think he has a love child with Holly or something to that affect.

I'm pretty sure there's no male in the UTAD who has a love child with Holly. Just saying. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2019, 07:58:44 EST »

I'm pretty sure there's no male in the UTAD who has a love child with Holly. Just saying. 

bravodawg
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2019, 08:30:51 EST »

..and to put a bow on this- we thank you for the $500K.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2019, 08:39:07 EST »

..and to put a bow on this- we thank you for the $500K.

Spend it wisely!   
bravodawg
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2019, 09:27:32 EST »

Sounds like lots of folks are trying to get a raise this time of year....we need it!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2019, 09:41:15 EST »

Interesting tweet I saw from Corey Roepken (no idea who that is but there's a blue check):

From Chaney's MOU with Chaney:

If Chaney leaves TN without cause before end of 3 yr contract, he has to pay back TN the amount it pays UGA for his buyout plus 60% of the amount remaining on his TN contract.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2019, 11:01:39 EST »

Pump the brakes. Some of you sound like if we get Chaney we will all of a sudden be able to compete with Uga and Bama. Not even close in talent. Plus, Chaney didn't have nothing for the Longhorns. You know, getting it handed to you by that Big12 defense isn't something nice on a resume.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2019, 11:22:17 EST »

Pump the brakes. Some of you sound like if we get Chaney we will all of a sudden be able to compete with Uga and Bama.

Literally no one has said that.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2019, 11:31:50 EST »

Literally no one has said that.
Oh come on, a grain of salt is all I'm saying. I could be a decent OC with UGa's talent. It's gonna take awhile for the Vols to get there talent wise. I just don't see them getting talent to compete anytime soon. All of UGa's and Bama's skill players are freshmen and soph's and they just add to it every year. Do you honestly ever see the Vols getting comparable classes to these guys? I hope so but it ain't going to be soon. How do we solve the talent disparity when they get the top 2 classes every year.

volsboyinsodak
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2019, 12:00:58 EST »

Oh come on, a grain of salt is all I'm saying. I could be a decent OC with UGa's talent. It's gonna take awhile for the Vols to get there talent wise. I just don't see them getting talent to compete anytime soon. All of UGa's and Bama's skill players are freshmen and soph's and they just add to it every year. Do you honestly ever see the Vols getting comparable classes to these guys? I hope so but it ain't going to be soon. How do we solve the talent disparity when they get the top 2 classes every year.

Welcome back Bama Perry, I knew that you'd return

11B4PJ3F7
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2019, 12:02:37 EST »

Welcome back Bama Perry, I knew that you'd return

True colors always come out, lol.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2019, 12:40:52 EST »

Just read on another site UGA just gave Pittman a 3 year 5 million contract......To coach the OL!!!

Coaching $$$ are getting out of hand. Stadiums aren't filling up as it is and sooner or later that ESPN money is going to dry up and there's going to be some schools hurting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: