VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 09:18:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alabama 86...Lady Vols 65...FINAL*  (Read 2689 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2019, 04:43:24 EST »

`
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 04:45:32 EST »

What's wrong with the Lady Vols?

Well, they don't play defense, they are disjointed on offense, they miss layups and they can't make free throws.

Other than that, there's nothing wrong.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 05:15:18 EST »

Do the right thing, Holly.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 05:41:31 EST »

Defense is atrocious. Offensive scheme is poorly designed (or isn't executed), to put it kindly.

I didn't watch the first half, but saw a good portion of the second. It looked tonight like she may be losing them. I thought that they basically gave up midway through the 3rd quarter.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 09:25:06 EST »

That was a 9-8 team on a 3 game losing streak. And they beat the LVs by 21.

And tomorrow, we'll look to the MEN to avenge them, which they most certainly will.

We're living in the upside down, folks.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 04:39:24 EST »

First 4 game losing streak since 1970!!!! I was watching Pat (Head) Summitt play for UT Martin that far back. University of North Alabama beat the team that beat us by 21 last night.

This team has no direction and it was evident last night in the 2nd half....They were running around in circles on offense and Holly just stood over there with her hands on her hips.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 05:32:41 EST by Tnphil » Logged
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 05:14:19 EST »

Following a legend is always going to be a very difficult task.  Holly was never going to be another Pat.  I think most sane folks understand that and never expected it.

I have seen posts on VQ where Holly is ruining Pat's legacy.  That is absolute garbage - Pat's legacy is intact and can never be torn apart.

What can be torn down is this program that Pat worked so long and so hard to build.  Hopefully, steps will be taken to correct the situation before the program is in complete ruin.  I really do not expect that to happen, but we can hope.  I believe that is will take Holly's resignation/retirement to get her out.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 05:39:10 EST »

It's been said over and over again, it's still a tough situation.  As Swain said on the radio this morning, TN fans shouldn't talk about her and mock her like Butch.  She's one of us.  And she's spent 40 years helping build the program, most of that time with Pat.. and she's given more than anyone on any message board (combined) to the LV's.  I'm sure it hurts her way worse than it hurts us that she isn't getting it done.  I feel bad for her.  But it's more obvious than ever that it's beyond the point of righting the ship.  Hopefully she stays with the program in some capacity, she's just not a good head coach.  Really hope she steps down on her own soon.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 07:10:24 EST »

It's been said over and over again, it's still a tough situation.  As Swain said on the radio this morning, TN fans shouldn't talk about her and mock her like Butch.  She's one of us.  And she's spent 40 years helping build the program, most of that time with Pat.. and she's given more than anyone on any message board (combined) to the LV's.  I'm sure it hurts her way worse than it hurts us that she isn't getting it done.  I feel bad for her.  But it's more obvious than ever that it's beyond the point of righting the ship.  Hopefully she stays with the program in some capacity, she's just not a good head coach.  Really hope she steps down on her own soon.
THIS!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 07:14:13 EST »

I completely agree with everything this.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 11:14:17 EST »

The big question is who do you get that is a lot better without giving away the farm? By the looks of things there might be 13 other coaches in the SEC that are better than her. Because she probably has more talent on the roster than about all of them, except Miss St and USCar. 

volsboyinsodak
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 04:53:57 EST »

Chad Withrow:

I’m hearing rumblings that Holly Warlick’s time as Tennessee’s Head Coach will be coming to an end before the end of the season. Stay tuned.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 07:19:31 EST »

Chad Withrow:

I’m hearing rumblings that Holly Warlick’s time as Tennessee’s Head Coach will be coming to an end before the end of the season. Stay tuned.
Lets hope so.  She was Pat's pick and she's been given more than a fair shake to keep the Ladies at the top.   She was a great assistant but obviously not a good head coach.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: