VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 11:36:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here we go.......Game of the year is up next.......  (Read 2134 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2019, 02:16:25 EST »

Well, game of the year #1. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 02:27:05 EST »

Yep....Hope we got the Sloppy out of us that 2nd half.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 07:59:43 EST »

Can't call it. I suspect we lose, but something tells me these guys will be on their game! I really want them to win the SECT this year. Really hard to beat UK 3x.
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 02:11:17 EST »

Name recognition jitters. It does not help that we are bombarded with all the media hype. This hype is superseded only by the duke Bs.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 02:14:27 EST by tshadow » Logged
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 03:04:19 EST »

If this team plays the way they are capable, I just don't think that UK can beat them. They will have to play a complete game, on both ends of the floor to win in Rupp, though.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 05:17:48 EST »

About to get real the rest of the way......Something like our last 15 games have been against teams that are un-ranked. Against those teams we've had lapses but was still able to turn on the switch and win. Most on our schedule going forward we better bring it for 40 minutes.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 05:44:32 EST »

WWFDT 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 07:21:14 EST »

I don't think this team cares that it's UK they're playing. This team has a confident swagger that I've rarely seen in college sports. They've essentially been on cruise control since SEC play started. Yet, when it matters most, they step it up and prove unstoppable. The only two times they really almost got themselves into trouble they couldn't get out of were at Vanderbilt and home against Alabama. I mean, we've been concerned for weeks that they're not playing their best ball, and yet here we are in mid February and 1.) They're still unbeaten at home and on the road, 2.) Their only loss was in OT, with their best player fouled out, and 3.) 9 of 11 conference wins have been by double digits. Those are amazing statistics...especially when you can consider those stats and still say, "They haven't played their best." I will be shocked if this team doesn't rise to the occasion and take it to UK for 40 minutes.

With that said, it is at Rupp, which is a tough place to play. There are absolutely going to be a lot of calls go against Tennessee. (And, let's face it, Tennessee has gotten the benefit of the doubt on quite a few calls this year -- finally getting the winner's treatment.) I'm not going to be shocked if UK wins. And I'm okay with that. I'd love to run the table in the SEC, but if we have to have a loss somewhere, let's go ahead and take it on the chin, then win out and secure a 1-seed.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 09:38:27 EST »

I don't think this team cares that it's UK they're playing. This team has a confident swagger that I've rarely seen in college sports. They've essentially been on cruise control since SEC play started. Yet, when it matters most, they step it up and prove unstoppable. The only two times they really almost got themselves into trouble they couldn't get out of were at Vanderbilt and home against Alabama. I mean, we've been concerned for weeks that they're not playing their best ball, and yet here we are in mid February and 1.) They're still unbeaten at home and on the road, 2.) Their only loss was in OT, with their best player fouled out, and 3.) 9 of 11 conference wins have been by double digits. Those are amazing statistics...especially when you can consider those stats and still say, "They haven't played their best." I will be shocked if this team doesn't rise to the occasion and take it to UK for 40 minutes.

With that said, it is at Rupp, which is a tough place to play. There are absolutely going to be a lot of calls go against Tennessee. (And, let's face it, Tennessee has gotten the benefit of the doubt on quite a few calls this year -- finally getting the winner's treatment.) I'm not going to be shocked if UK wins. And I'm okay with that. I'd love to run the table in the SEC, but if we have to have a loss somewhere, let's go ahead and take it on the chin, then win out and secure a 1-seed.

Well said.  It's scary to think of what this team will look like when they do play their best.   

Hopefully they time it right.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 01:59:26 EST »

I haven't been a fan of the conference tournament, especially this year. I think it would be better if we could just roll into the NCAA tourney fresh and rested and see what we can do.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 02:30:49 EST »

I haven't been a fan of the conference tournament, especially this year. I think it would be better if we could just roll into the NCAA tourney fresh and rested and see what we can do.

Same here.....never liked the conference tourney. Bust your butt soon after Christmas for 2 and half months just to seed you for the conf. tourney. Money maker is all it is and might help a team on the bubble if they need a win or two when they should have done better during the regular season.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: