VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 12:39:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your expectations for this closing stretch?  (Read 1434 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2019, 12:47:14 EST »

If we're being honest, we've had it very, very easy with our SEC slate so far. That changes now. 6 of our last 7 are against likely NCAAT teams, with 4 of those on the road.

While this team is capable of running the table, that's probably not realistic. So what's your hope/prediction?

I think I'd be satisfied (if not overly thrilled) with 4-3. If I have to make a prediction, I'd say 5-2, with the losses coming at UK and at LSU.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 01:21:57 EST »

Do I think the Vols are better than the remaining teams on their schedule? Yes. Should the Vols win the rest of the games on their schedule? Yes. Do I think they will? Maybe. If they beat UK, I think they run the table. Maybe..lol

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 06:54:36 EST »

If we're being honest, we've had it very, very easy with our SEC slate so far. That changes now. 6 of our last 7 are against likely NCAAT teams, with 4 of those on the road.

While this team is capable of running the table, that's probably not realistic. So what's your hope/prediction?

I think I'd be satisfied (if not overly thrilled) with 4-3. If I have to make a prediction, I'd say 5-2, with the losses coming at UK and at LSU.

I think we lose to UK in Lexington & LSU. Wish we'd win them all through the NCAAT... not likely.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 01:58:36 EST »

These players, and our coaching staff, have created a special team. We are better than any team left on the schedule, and because of that I expect to win out (barring injuries and the like).

That might not happen - that's why they actually play the games instead of just awarding W's to the better teams - but I'll be disappointed if we don't finish the season with only the one loss.

GBO
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 03:21:04 EST »

I would be thrilled with only 1 loss... but as far as prediction I'd say 2 losses.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 05:52:15 EST »

I wouldn't bet good money we beat UK tonight......or LSU....or Auburn if they are hitting a good % of the 55 threes they put up every game which it seems every team we play shoots their season high from the 3 when they play us. We have the talent to win them all but just think it will be tough to do so. Ole Miss plays well at home and just beat Auburn at Auburn....Got Vandy and Miss State at home

Hope we win them all....but not likely. The good thing about basketball is the season starts over come tourney time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: