VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 03:42:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: There it is- #2 in the South  (Read 2319 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2019, 12:17:39 EDT »

That is the best situation we could ask for.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 12:21:49 EDT »

Honestly, the only team in our bracket that even scares me a little bit is UVa- and history says that they could very easily flame out before they even get that far.

That's not to say that we're not also capable of laying an egg against a lesser team- but there's nobody in our bracket we can't beat.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 12:25:47 EDT »

Virginia famously became the first no. 1 seed in the 64-team tourney to lose to a 16 just last year.  A fact that often goes unmentioned when announcers are drooling over how good they are.

We should cruise past Colgate but likely will face Cincy in the second round.  They are pretty tough.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 12:29:02 EDT »

Colgate is probably one of the best lower tier teams we could hope to play, IMO.  Still, we have to come in and play focused.  I think both Iowa and Cincy are pretty solid teams - either of those two will be tough.  Yeah, I think there is a good chance Uva could lose before the Elite 8 - so overall, a pretty good placement.  Also, I'm glad we are playing on Friday

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 12:31:52 EDT »

Virginia famously became the first no. 1 seed in the 64-team tourney to lose to a 16 just last year.  A fact that often goes unmentioned when announcers are drooling over how good they are.

We should cruise past Colgate but likely will face Cincy in the second round.  They are pretty tough.

The teams I didn't want to see- Duke, UNC, Zags, MSU, Mich, or some of the better mid-majors like Houston, UCF, or Wofford...we dodged them all. Cinci could be a little scary, especially if they bring a lot of fans up to Columbus. But nothing we can't handle.

This is an ideal draw for us. Unless Grant and/or Admiral tear up their knees between now and Friday, there are no excuses for not advancing to at least the 2nd weekend, if not the 3rd.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 12:35:06 EDT »

Colgate is probably one of the best lower tier teams we could hope to play, IMO.  Still, we have to come in and play focused.  I think both Iowa and Cincy are pretty solid teams - either of those two will be tough.  Yeah, I think there is a good chance Uva could lose before the Elite 8 - so overall, a pretty good placement.  Also, I'm glad we are playing on Friday

Iowa isn't that good IMO, I think Cincy handles them easily.  Cincy beat a good Houston team today.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 12:43:16 EDT »

I think that Cincy might be the third or fourth best team in that region. That's a pretty rough draw to get to the second week, imo. We should beat them, but they can play and the game is in Columbus. 
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 01:54:32 EDT »

They got a good seed. No excuses. I just hope we don't face one of those crazy three shooting teams. We struggle when a team likes to shoot threes and spreads us out. A lot of the mid-majors compete that way. Belmont and Wofford come to mind. Not that we care, but Auburn got hosed in their bracket.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 01:55:22 EDT »

Since Feb 1st Colgate has the best 3 point % of any team in the county UT is 0-2 all time against Colgate losing in 1955 and 1960.

Payback time!

Cincy is a pretty solid team and beat a 2 loss Houston team today to win their conference tourney. Won't be a pushover and we better find ourselves after today or we will be heading home before we should.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 02:08:47 EDT »

Vitale just said we are the team to beat in our region. He thinks we will give UVa fits if we make it that far. ago figure. We did get a good seed.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 04:25:17 EDT »

Since Feb 1st Colgate has the best 3 point % of any team in the county UT is 0-2 all time against Colgate losing in 1955 and 1960.

Payback time!

Cincy is a pretty solid team and beat a 2 loss Houston team today to win their conference tourney. Won't be a pushover and we better find ourselves after today or we will be heading home before we should.

It's frightening that Colgate can shoot three's but how good is their defense?  Can they stop us from scoring?  I doubt they can match up inside with us, and they won't have the 'quick hands' that Auburn had today.  I can't believe how often we turned the ball over....

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 04:37:49 EDT »

It's frightening that Colgate can shoot three's but how good is their defense?  Can they stop us from scoring?  I doubt they can match up inside with us, and they won't have the 'quick hands' that Auburn had today.  I can't believe how often we turned the ball over....

AU scored 21 points off our TOs.....We looked like the LVs today.

I saw earlier we opened as a 18.5 favorite over Colgate.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 05:14:15 EDT »

The teams I didn't want to see- Duke, UNC, Zags, MSU, Mich, or some of the better mid-majors like Houston, UCF, or Wofford...we dodged them all. Cinci could be a little scary, especially if they bring a lot of fans up to Columbus. But nothing we can't handle.

This is an ideal draw for us. Unless Grant and/or Admiral tear up their knees between now and Friday, there are no excuses for not advancing to at least the 2nd weekend, if not the 3rd.

Cinci doesn't have that many fans
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: