VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 05:35:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike Cofer  (Read 1058 times)
RON
Starter

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2019, 08:59:08 EDT »

A legend gone too soon. A great player at UT and the Detroit Lions. He was a legend at Rule High School. First time I saw Mike Cofer was in the fall of 1978. Rule was playing at Maryville. I was playing for Maryville Junior High then. All Maryville Junior High Football players got into the Maryville High School games for free. We always went in the gate next to the visitors locker room. I saw Mike Cofer outside the locker room. He looked like a grown man. He was a beast. I remember thinking Rule would kill Maryville. Maryville won 30 0. David Reed returns opening kickoff for touchdown. Reed was really fast but Mike Cofer nearly caught him. Reed was 180lbs Running Back. Cofer was a 6,6 250lbs Defensive End.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 09:55:48 EDT »

Sad news. He was the same age I am. Didn't realized his son plays forward for FSU.
https://sports.yahoo.com/fs-us-phil-cofer-learns-of-death-of-former-nfl-pro-bowl-father-mike-cofer-in-ncaa-tournament-locker-room-001807164.html

volsboyinsodak
10EC
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 09:58:28 EDT »

I remember "Stop" and "Go" Cofers….
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: