VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:09:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sheesh! It should have been easier than that.....  (Read 1342 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2019, 08:41:29 EDT »

...after that first half.

But we're moving on. 
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 08:57:20 EDT »

I think that it was a combination of factors.

We started the half 0/6 from the field - with most of them decent looks at the rim. Make a couple of those and they don't get the jump start on the run.

We didn't defend like we did in the first half (or overtime). I felt like our ball pressure really dropped off in the second half. Fortunately, it was back for the overtime.

We went away from what worked in the first half. We tried to take the air out of the ball and it nearly bit us.

Survive and advance, squared!!!!!

Addendum: the sphincter factor was also heavily at work today in the second half.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 09:06:36 EDT by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 10:30:58 EDT »

Addendum: the sphincter factor was also heavily at work today in the second half.

Admiral mentioned that after the game. He said the memory of what happened last year was with them.  It showed, for sure

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 06:02:26 EDT »

We tried to take the air out of the ball and it nearly bit us. 

To me this is a major factor. We are a bad offensive team when we slow it down and try to run clock. Lots of lazy telegraphed passes. That isn't us, and we shouldn't do it.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 06:12:32 EDT »

To me this is a major factor. We are a bad offensive team when we slow it down and try to run clock. Lots of lazy telegraphed passes. That isn't us, and we shouldn't do it.

Agree.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: