VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 12:29:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For those of you stuck with Comcast...  (Read 1951 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2019, 02:02:06 EDT »

...I now have zero sympathy. When I moved down here, I learned that the only cable/internet provider in this area was something called WOW!. Well, WOW! sucks big fat emu eggs. Frequently, you get a 2-3 hour period when your picture is all pixelated. At least once per day, it will go completely black for a 1-2 minute period. This happened today near the end of our game, and I was pulling my hair out while trying to follow along on my phone.

I'd give ANYTHING to go back to Comcast.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 02:21:31 EDT »

Reminds me of the 1960's days when you had to go outside and kick the pole on the antenna attacked to the house or give it a half spin...If it was raining or lightening I sent my son out to do it.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 02:22:05 EDT »

They all have their problems, but WOW sound terrible.

I just canceled my 30 year Directv account to go wireless. I now have Youtubetv and Philo combination.
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 03:15:58 EDT »

I went away from Dish Network three years ago and went to Sling. Hated it, so I switched to PS Vue. I didn't like it much either and wound up going back to Dish. But a few weeks ago I got tired of the ever-increasing rates and called Dish, told them to send me a box so I could ship their crap back to them. I went to Hulu and I like it much better than either of the other streaming services I tried.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 03:40:46 EDT »

I went away from Dish Network three years ago and went to Sling. Hated it, so I switched to PS Vue. I didn't like it much either and wound up going back to Dish. But a few weeks ago I got tired of the ever-increasing rates and called Dish, told them to send me a box so I could ship their crap back to them. I went to Hulu and I like it much better than either of the other streaming services I tried.

My Mom has Hulu, and I don't like it either. Not enough live TV options. And I can't watch sports on any of the streaming services. I like to follow along online, and the 3-4 minute buffer means I read about a big play on Twitter long before I actually see it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 03:45:32 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 03:43:02 EDT »

My Mom has Hulu, and I don't like it either. Not enough live TV options. And I can't watch sports on any of the streaming services. I like to follow along on online, and the 3-4 minute buffer means I read about a big play on Twitter long before I actually see it.

That is a huge issue. I'm learning that I just have to avoid social media while the games are going on. I read about the win over UK last weekend on Twitter before I actually saw it.

I watch absolutely nothing on TV anymore except sports, so Hulu works for me. I like having the local network stations packaged with everything else rather than requiring a separate streaming subscription.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 03:51:20 EDT »

That is a huge issue. I'm learning that I just have to avoid social media while the games are going on. I read about the win over UK last weekend on Twitter before I actually saw it.

I watch absolutely nothing on TV anymore except sports, so Hulu works for me. I like having the local network stations packaged with everything else rather than requiring a separate streaming subscription.

My mom in N. Ga (Chattanooga TV market) gets all the OTA networks, but CBS is the only one she can watch live. Shows on the others can be streamed the following day. That won't work for me.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 03:57:11 EDT »

My mom in N. Ga (Chattanooga TV market) gets all the OTA networks, but CBS is the only one she can watch live. Shows on the others can be streamed the following day. That won't work for me.

No that would not work for me either.

I tried em all and liked Youtubetv the best. Philo is $16/month so that the Mrs gets her channels.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 04:52:28 EDT »

YouTube TV is pretty good imo... $40 per month 👍🏼
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 04:55:55 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: