VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 06:20:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Down go the Tarholes  (Read 2208 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2019, 03:44:32 EDT »

I'm glad that Auburn won.  First and foremost, I can't stand UNC.  Second, it makes me feel slightly better about our loss.  The way they played, they might win it all.  Third, I guess I still like Pearl in some way.

But man does it make me that much more pissed that he lied to the NCAA.   

There was a UK homer on talk radio the other day who rated the SEC coaches. He had Calipari first, of course, followed by Pearl. I  can't recall who was third, but he had Barnes fourth.  He's crazy.  Pearl is, unfortunately, hands down the best coach in the conference.  Calipari does less with more talent than any coach in America.   I'm glad we have Barnes but what might have been if Pearl had stayed....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 03:58:24 EDT »

I concur.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 04:19:34 EDT »

I didn't watch, but I'm not surprised Auburn won. I've thought since the SEC tourney that they're playing like a Final Four team. They'll get there, and I wouldn't be surprised if they win the national championship. Pearl has captured lighting in a bottle with this Auburn team much the same way he was able to do with his first team at Tennessee. The difference is that this Auburn team is more talented than that Tennessee team was.

I really hope Auburn loses. It just pisses me off that Pearl is having this much success at Auburn after he screwed the pooch at Tennessee. But I do agree that he's the best Xs and Os coach in the SEC. I wouldn't take him back over Barnes, but I wouldn't mind having him back after Barnes retires.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 04:29:45 EDT »

I really hope Auburn loses. It just pisses me off that Pearl is having this much success at Auburn after he screwed the pooch at Tennessee. But I do agree that he's the best Xs and Os coach in the SEC. I wouldn't take him back over Barnes, but I wouldn't mind having him back after Barnes retires.

I'd rather see UK win it before Auburn.  That's how much I hate them.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 05:33:45 EDT »

Losing Okeke will likely be a big setback for Auburn.

I'll be pulling for the Tigers (unless Houston comes back on the Cats).
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 07:52:14 EDT »

Losing Okeke will likely be a big setback for Auburn.

I'll be pulling for the Tigers (unless Houston comes back on the Cats).

Agree about Okeke. He has been a key to their late season success.   I too will pull for Auburn.  UK is enemy no. 1 in basketball. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 05:08:00 EDT »

Auburn has been playing this way for a month.....You'd think they would have cooled off by now but haven't. They ball out for 40 minutes and much like those Ark teams under Nolan Richardson that were deemed to '40 Minutes of Hell'. They lost one of their studs to injury during the game last night and it didn't faze them.

But I'm not pulling for Auburn.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 07:54:21 EDT »

Auburn has been playing this way for a month.....You'd think they would have cooled off by now but haven't. They ball out for 40 minutes and much like those Ark teams under Nolan Richardson that were deemed to '40 Minutes of Hell'. They lost one of their studs to injury during the game last night and it didn't faze them.

But I'm not pulling for Auburn.

I'm only choosing them over the kats

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: