VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 07:35:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I've taken a couple days to calm down, sober up, and sleep on it...  (Read 3491 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2019, 11:39:54 EDT »

And I'm STILL pissed. We should be playing today.

fizzle it- I hope Auburn wins and then has to forfeit the whole thing when the FBI bitchslaps them. I'm down for some scorched earth at this point.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 11:51:57 EDT »

Yep....After our loss I watched the Oregon-Virginia game and thought......we could beat both those teams. Our one half we had a habit of taking off and Purdue shooting 3s with their eyes closed did us in. Watch Purdue shoot about 10% from the 3 tonight.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 11:58:30 EDT »

Yep....After our loss I watched the Oregon-Virginia game and thought......we could beat both those teams. Our one half we had a habit of taking off and Purdue shooting 3s with their eyes closed did us in. Watch Purdue shoot about 10% from the 3 tonight.

I can't see Cline repeating that performance, that's for sure.  If nothing else, Virginia will be aware of him.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 12:25:36 EDT »

I can't see Cline repeating that performance, that's for sure.  If nothing else, Virginia will be aware of him.

I dunno- does UVa have some dumbass fan on twitter who will harass him nonstop leading up to the game, motivating him to have a career night? Because we did.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 01:16:32 EDT »

The pain I continue to feel is comparable to the 2001 SEC championship loss... Never ever thought I'd feel that way about basketball.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 02:02:44 EDT »

I dunno- does UVa have some dumbass fan on twitter who will harass him nonstop leading up to the game, motivating him to have a career night? Because we did.

Was that popcorn Sutton or gmann? Vol Twitter is on their game at time & others not so much.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 02:07:17 EDT »

Was that popcorn Sutton or gmann? Vol Twitter is on their game at time & others not so much.

I saw popcorn tweeting jokes about him guarding Admiral before the game.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 02:54:12 EDT »

I saw popcorn tweeting jokes about him guarding Admiral before the game.

Popcorn dug up some his non-pc posts that were like 5-6 years old to try and get him in trouble with the Twitter police. And of course he deleted his account after the game.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 02:59:43 EDT »

Popcorn dug up some his non-pc posts that were like 5-6 years old to try and get him in trouble with the Twitter police. And of course he deleted his account after the game.

I mean, if a Tabor or Herro talks shizzle before a game, then by all means, have at it. But don't mess with opposing players that have done nothing to deserve it.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 03:42:06 EDT »

Purdue still hot from the 3. I hope they make 50 of them because if they shot 7 0f 30 I was going to get pissed all over again.
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 06:27:55 EDT »

Vol Twitter flat-out sucks. A bunch of immature fools using it as a bully platform.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 07:38:44 EDT »

Purdue still hot from the 3. I hope they make 50 of them because if they shot 7 0f 30 I was going to get pissed all over again.

They almost beat the Cavs.  I would feel better if they had, but at least it was a very exciting game.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 05:24:14 EDT »

Vol Twitter flat-out sucks. A bunch of immature fools using it as a bully platform.

It has its good and bad points. I mean, without Vol Twitter, John Currie would still be our AD, Haslam would still be running the show, and we'd be entering year 2 of the Greg Schiano era. But clearly this wasn't its finest hour. Neither was picking on a beloved nonagenarian nun last year.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2019, 06:29:26 EDT »

Cline who had a career night against us with 27 goes for 7 against Virginia...You just can't make that up. I guess after watching our film Virginia said Cline will not beat us...They did a good job limiting his shot chances. Of course then Edwards goes off for 40 plus. Edwards had more points than the rest of the Purdue team combined and no Purdue player reached double figures other than Edwards.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2019, 08:06:33 EDT »

Cline who had a career night against us with 27 goes for 7 against Virginia...You just can't make that up. I guess after watching our film Virginia said Cline will not beat us...They did a good job limiting his shot chances. Of course then Edwards goes off for 40 plus. Edwards had more points than the rest of the Purdue team combined and no Purdue player reached double figures other than Edwards.

they were so close.. If not for the fluke FT rebound at the end, VA would have lost.  But at least it was an exciting game.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: