VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 10:45:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First of all, I didn't care who won.  (Read 981 times)
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2019, 06:17:44 EDT »

I hate instant replay in the last 2 minutes. I know it's the rule, and it's how the game must be played because of that but every play is important. If you can't review them all (and you can't) then I don't think you should review the last 120 seconds.

How many other out of bounds calls could have been missed prior to that last one? As a coach, you teach kids that every possession counts. Add to that the fact that it slows the game down so much and gives coaches so many extra timeouts. I hate replay.

The last possession of regulation, with 1 second left on the clock, was a terrible call by Beard (if his players executed it as he drew it up). Not one screen was set on that inbounds play, none.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 07:32:56 EDT »

I was rooting for Texas Tech, but not in a big way.  Virginia knocked out my second team Purdue, plays an ugly ass game, is from the ACC and Kyle Guy looks like he's 12.  All good reasons to root against them.  Texas Tech, not much reason to root for them other than the coach credits Bobby Knight with his success.  But yeah, I didn't really care.

The announcers were saying it was the greatest turnaround in NCAA history.  I don't really agree.  Virginia was embarrassed by UMBC last year, but they were a no. 1 seed two years running.   I'd be more impressed by a team that had a losing record the previous season winning it all, that would be a bigger turnaround.

Vols made it twice on "one shining moment", which was pretty cool.  Of course, Zion Williamson was featured 6 times.  That must be some kind of record for a team going out in the Elite 8.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 04:59:06 EDT »

Hard fought game....I enjoyed it very much. What made it nice was not having to watch some of the top blue bloods.....Duke, UNC, KY, Kansas etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: