VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 07:28:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The UNC womens coach resigned after 33 years. I guess she made some  (Read 1670 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2019, 04:49:42 EDT »

"insensitive" remarks. Really! She had been the coach there for 33 years. So she is a racist all of a sudden? Today's players are soft. I guess all recruits should come with a warning label.."handle with kid gloves".  I guess she didn't show them enough sensitivity. Well guess what...the opposing team will not show you sensitivity either. On a positive note..our women's basketball prpgram has had these problems ..yet.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/unc-womens-basketball-coach-sylvia-hatchell-resigns-following-internal-review-044109796.html

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 04:53:01 EDT »

Letting players decide what is best for the team does set a bad precedence for any coach. I'm just amazed at the PC world we live in.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 05:03:11 EDT »

I have read exactly elsewhere what the remarks were, and they were relatively mild, assuming I got the whole truth.  She apparently said that if the team did not get it's act together they were going to 'get hung' by the opposition, and that was interpreted as reference to lynching.

If that's all there was to it, I'd be rolling my eyes also.  But the IMO more serious allegations that she encouraged players to play through injuries are probably what got her.  That's a pretty bad thing to do.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 05:41:52 EDT »

Like I said, the players today are soft. Back when I played basketball we just took it on ourselves to play through certain injuries.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 08:35:18 EDT »

Like I said, the players today are soft. Back when I played basketball we just took it on ourselves to play through certain injuries.

Certain injuries, sure.  But some injuries are serious and the medical staff should decide, not the coach.  A player could get really messed up physically playing hurt.

Also, she won the NCAA Championship.  In 1994. She had been there 33 years. I ssupect the university just wanted some new blood is a part of it.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: