VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 04:10:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh no...Reggie Cobb has died.  (Read 5916 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2019, 09:45:55 EDT »

https://thespun.com/football/former-nfl-rb-longtime-scout-reggie-cobb-has-passed-away

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 11:10:44 EDT »

RIP Reggie

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Reggie-Cobb-death-Tennessee-football-running-back-131378587/
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 11:26:54 EDT »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD8FG7JkXY8&feature=youtu.be
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 11:57:09 EDT »

So sad.  One of my fav Vols of all time.  There was a little window in time where he was the best of the best.

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 03:10:29 EDT »

I loved Reggie... was always so proud that he graduated from my high school.. Knoxville Central.  Was one of my favs at UT.  Way too young... .so sad.   RIP Reggie!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 03:35:13 EDT »

Remembering my coming of age as a Vol fan and as a football fan will always conjure up certain names...John Majors, John Ward, Andy Kelly, Carl Pickens, Dale Carter, Chuck Webb, Reggie Cobb. Life just seemed so much simpler back then--we didn't care about national championships or coaches' hot seats; we just wanted to see the boys in orange take the field. Fifty is too damn young to be losing the legends of our childhood.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 03:39:27 EDT »

Remembering my coming of age as a Vol fan and as a football fan will always conjure up certain names...John Majors, John Ward, Andy Kelly, Carl Pickens, Dale Carter, Chuck Webb, Reggie Cobb. Life just seemed so much simpler back then--we didn't care about national championships or coaches' hot seats; we just wanted to see the boys in orange take the field. Fifty is too damn young to be losing the legends of our childhood.
The CobbWebb offense was really good
Way too young

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 05:02:42 EDT »

Well said.....Those years were the best IMO.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 05:31:45 EDT »

Wow! That game against Pat Dye's Auburn team was epic. He was awesome in his day! So young. RIP.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 05:47:36 EDT »

went to 5th and 6th grade with him at Ft Sanders elementary. He was always a nice guy

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 06:23:34 EDT »

What a great Vol. Still so young. RIP Reggie. When he was at the top of his game, we've had none better. Sad, sad news.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: