VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 02:27:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cooper Mays commits to UT  (Read 3275 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2019, 11:24:31 EDT »

https://tennessee.rivals.com/news/vols-courted-cooper-mays-for-cooper
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 06:52:44 EDT »

Nice 
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 08:30:43 EDT »

Hopefully he's not like his brother and pulls a dick move like signing with UGa or elsewhere on signing day. Hope he is sincere.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 11:23:21 EDT »

Hopefully he's not like his brother and pulls a dick move like signing with UGa or elsewhere on signing day. Hope he is sincere.
Good post, EXCEPT, he didn't do as he said.  He announced his intention before signing day!  He gave Pruitt a shot, but there was insufficient time to establish the relationship and trust. Either learn or know the FACTS or STFU!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 12:32:07 EDT »

Good post, EXCEPT, he didn't do as he said.  He announced his intention before signing day!  He gave Pruitt a shot, but there was insufficient time to establish the relationship and trust. Either learn or know the FACTS or STFU!

Pruitt had 2 weeks....not enough time to establish anything. Pruitt did a good job putting that behind him and focusing on a relationship with Cooper and his family. Cudo's to Pruitt for that.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 03:49:03 EDT »

Cooper isn't as big as Cade was at this same point, but he also doesn't rely on brute strength like Cade did.  Cooper's a bit more technique and smarts savy.  Likely a center at UT, from what I am hearing. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 06:52:05 EDT »

Cooper isn't as big as Cade was at this same point, but he also doesn't rely on brute strength like Cade did.  Cooper's a bit more technique and smarts savy.  Likely a center at UT, from what I am hearing. 
I think,  as an incoming FR, he is a good size for a center - will get stronger in the weight program but hands and footwork , as you say, are better than brute strength.
That being said, Cade will be a darn good one in the land of the puppies

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 07:22:05 EDT »

I think,  as an incoming FR, he is a good size for a center - will get stronger in the weight program but hands and footwork , as you say, are better than brute strength.
That being said, Cade will be a darn good one in the land of the puppies

Cade just didn't play smart football.  In one live game in his senior year I saw him get called for holding 4 times, jump offsides 4 times, and get called for an unsportsmanlike.  All while going against a sophomore in his first start whom Cade outweighed by 100 pounds and was 6 inches taller than.  

Kid is has freakish God given physical ability, but he's just not a smart football player.  Even now.  He looked good early on last year at UGA, but as the season when on and scouting reports were gathered he was less effective.  

Go Army - Beat Navy!
wtkvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 08:46:29 EDT »

right now it does not look like Cade will start for Georgia this year.
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 12:58:07 EDT »

Cade just didn't play smart football.  In one live game in his senior year I saw him get called for holding 4 times, jump offsides 4 times, and get called for an unsportsmanlike.  All while going against a sophomore in his first start whom Cade outweighed by 100 pounds and was 6 inches taller than.  

Kid is has freakish God given physical ability, but he's just not a smart football player.  Even now.  He looked good early on last year at UGA, but as the season when on and scouting reports were gathered he was less effective.  
Shoulder injury.

Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 12:59:52 EDT »

Shoulder injury.
Starting LT in 2020.  First sub in in 2019.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 04:54:40 EDT »

All I am pointing out is that nothing is a done deal until Cooper Mays name is on an official Vols roster. BTW I was referring more to Cade throwing the Vols cap at signing day, than him not signing. Dick move. But you think Cooper is a lock. Hope he is.

volsboyinsodak
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 08:24:09 EDT »

All I am pointing out is that nothing is a done deal until Cooper Mays name is on an official Vols roster. BTW I was referring more to Cade throwing the Vols cap at signing day, than him not signing. Dick move. But you think Cooper is a lock. Hope he is.

I just hope that Kevin tones down his act.  He was just an ass as a high school football Dad during games.  I understand that he's a former player, but he needs to stop "coaching" his sons and let their coaches do that. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
10EC
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2019, 09:26:27 EDT »

I just hope that Kevin tones down his act.  He was just an ass as a high school football Dad during games.  I understand that he's a former player, but he needs to stop "coaching" his sons and let their coaches do that. 

OMG do I see this in high school football down here in Marietta.  I feel for the kids....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: