VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:12:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pruitt knocks 'em out at media days...............  (Read 2372 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2019, 10:22:59 EDT »

Apparently he talked enough to avoid all but 7 questions. 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/jeremy-pruitts-sec-media-days-filibuster-draws-great-reactions-from-fans-reporters-on-twitter/
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 12:01:31 EDT »

Always 'crootin'.  Always. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 12:47:02 EDT »

I honestly didn't even know SECMD was happening this week.

So yeah- I'm, uh, less than excited about the upcoming season.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 01:27:27 EDT »

I honestly didn't even know SECMD was happening this week.

So yeah- I'm, uh, less than excited about the upcoming season.

Can't blame ya.  Hopefully with expectations so low, we will be pleasantly surprised.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 02:50:09 EDT »

6-6 is the best we will do IMO. Too many question marks. I do think we have some more talent this year but it's young talent.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 03:07:00 EDT »

6-6 is the best we will do IMO. Too many question marks. I do think we have some more talent this year but it's young talent.

My expectations are 7-5, but not so different.   I expect to sweep the OOCs, and beat UK, and two of vandy, junior, MSU.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 03:39:23 EDT »

Enjoyed that, think I'll come around to listening to coach's press conference again with Pruitt. 
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 04:19:38 EDT »

I think at least a bowl game should be expected. It just depends on how good the other SEC teams not named UGa or Bama are that we play. A better than decent UT team should go 10-2 with this years schedule.

volsboyinsodak
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 04:58:07 EDT »

I think 7-5 at least and 8-4 if we stay healthy. We return almost everyone on offense and if the OL improves to the degree I expect we should be good on offense. I expect the D to be improved as well. IMO the key, as it has been so often, is to stay healthy. I think a 2 years in the S&C program and being coached up will pay off this year in producing much better play on the field. It hurts to get excited about 7-5 and 8-4 but I do believe if we keep this staff together we're going to be where we want to be in another 2 years.                       
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 05:26:04 EDT »

We return almost everyone on offense

That's the problem   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 05:38:06 EDT »

I watched all of the presser and I've never seen or heard Pruitt talk so fast for so long.....Yes in a round about way he was recruiting when he said we only have 5 outside LBers when we really need 8 or 9. Four of the five are seniors and will be gone after this year and said if you are out there and want to rush the QB then UT would be a landing spot....Then he said we have 12 seniors on the team and 4 of those are WRs and if you are a WR then you should consider UT...LOL. Fully expect the NCAA to slap Pruitt for recruiting during the dead period.

I'm calling 6-6 with 7-5 being the high mark....If Pruitt gets us 8 wins he should be in the running for coach of the year, IMO. We lost 5 games last season by 25 plus points and ended the season with beat downs from Mizzou and Vandy...Hard to see more improvement than that just 9-10 months from the end of last season. We lost  our DL from last season and we will be young up front on the DL which is a concern and having little depth at some linebacker spots is very concerning.

Something that shocked me in his presser was he said last season we had 2 offensive linemen that weighed over 300 pounds and this season we have 15 that weigh over 300. They must have been making them eat 10 meals a day this off season.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 11:49:32 EDT »

9-3, book it 

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2019, 01:21:43 EDT »

Something that shocked me in his presser was he said last season we had 2 offensive linemen that weighed over 300 pounds and this season we have 15 that weigh over 300. They must have been making them eat 10 meals a day this off season.

This 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: