VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 09:20:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: As you all know, I'm not a teetotaler......  (Read 2195 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2019, 03:57:56 EDT »

(and yes, to my surprise, that's how it's spelled)……..but selling alcohol at college football stadiums is a big mistake. Wasn't there anyone that said "Hmmm, this might not be a good idea."
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 10:27:34 EDT »

Agree.  I have seen many drunken idjuts over the years at SEC football games, but they either were toasted before they came in or smuggled it in. Sometime in the 00s UT started busting people bringing alcohol in, and just in the last few years they have been identifying drunks on the way end and arresting them for PD.  I saw that at the 2017 Vandy game, the guy right in front of me could barely stand and they arrested him right on the spot.

They are going to throw all that away.

I did hear there will be a limit for any one visit and long lines, and it will only be beer, so it might be difficult to get intoxicated with those constraints, but...nah, still a really bad idea.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 02:48:45 EDT »

Either people sneak it in, or you can sell it and make money

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 04:10:13 EDT »

I'm with Volznut. You have the certain element that's going to get drunk and ruin the game for others regardless of whether they sell it on site or not.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 04:12:50 EDT »

(and yes, to my surprise, that's how it's spelled)……..but selling alcohol at college football stadiums is a big mistake. Wasn't there anyone that said "Hmmm, this might not be a good idea."
[/quote)
I'm a teetotaler (spelling still just looks wrong) if 16 year old Aberlour is tee. What happened to the a in tea for teetotaler.

volsboyinsodak
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 06:22:57 EDT »

[/quote)
I'm a teetotaler (spelling still just looks wrong) if 16 year old Aberlour is tee. What happened to the a in tea for teetotaler.

I thought it had an "a" also. But I looked it up and apparently the word isn't derived from some who is a tea drinker. It looks weird to me.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 01:18:03 EDT »

Either people sneak it in, or you can sell it and make money

Yeah, except it's a lot harder to sneak in now.  I personally had about 6 airline servings of Jack confiscated from me several years ago, and every item brought in is hand search and if security notices anything unusual about your attire at all they pat you down.

So good luck with that.  I can tell little to no alcohol is being smuggled in because the odor of Jack in the air, which used to be quite thick prior to roughly 2006, is now non-existent.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 01:41:41 EDT »

Yeah, except it's a lot harder to sneak in now.  I personally had about 6 airline servings of Jack confiscated from me several years ago, and every item brought in is hand search and if security notices anything unusual about your attire at all they pat you down.

So good luck with that.  I can tell little to no alcohol is being smuggled in because the odor of Jack in the air, which used to be quite thick prior to roughly 2006, is now non-existent.

Had a buddy of mine and we had season tickets together for many years.....He had a binocular case with binoculars of course in the case and he'd walk into Neyland with the case strap wrapped around his neck....A few times they'd ask him to open the case and he'd show them the binoculars and they'd just wave him on through...Of course his binoculars were nothing more than a flask full of his drink of choice.....Just unscrew one of the eye pieces and pour as much as you wanted. That sucker held quite a bit too.
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 02:09:40 EDT »

I don't drink as much as droner by any means  but I'm not a teetotaler either...and I have to say, I think it's a terrible idea. Nobody is naive enough to think that stadium bans means no booze. I've dealt with plenty of drunks at ballgames over the years. But I have to say that when I've been at football games in venues where alcohol IS allowed and many people are drinking as opposed to a relative few, it just isn't the same. Too many loudmouthed drunks everywhere.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2019, 02:39:09 EDT »

Had a buddy of mine and we had season tickets together for many years.....He had a binocular case with binoculars of course in the case and he'd walk into Neyland with the case strap wrapped around his neck....A few times they'd ask him to open the case and he'd show them the binoculars and they'd just wave him on through...Of course his binoculars were nothing more than a flask full of his drink of choice.....Just unscrew one of the eye pieces and pour as much as you wanted. That sucker held quite a bit too.

Yeah, not saying it can't be done, just that it's harder than it used to be. 

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2019, 08:19:40 EDT »

Accepting and allowing anything simply because some people will do it anyway is a poor excuse, imo. This is about recenue, I think, pure and simple.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: