VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 06:49:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Pruitt taking shots at Butch?  (Read 3002 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2019, 04:21:13 EDT »

In a round about way...I would

https://allfortennessee.com/2019/07/17/tennessee-football-pruitt-jones/
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 07:45:21 EDT »

Despite his protestations his panties are in a wad because Pruitt allegedly attacked the coach he worshiped

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 04:02:20 EDT »

Well, to be fair there were a lot of times that the fans wanted Butch shot, too. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 11:27:53 EDT »

Well, to be fair there were a lot of times, which might still continue to this day, that the fans wanted Butch shot, too. 

FIFY

I'd love to shove a cigar down his throat after the '18 Bama game, the dude is a complete douchenozzle

11B4PJ3F7
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 02:20:51 EDT »

Yep....Butch showing his ass after last years Bama game when he's the one that left us in the shape we're in just shows what kind of ass he is.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 10:08:30 EDT »

Yep....Butch showing his ass after last years Bama game when he's the one that left us in the shape we're in just shows what kind of ass he is.

Consider that bammer turned over a whopping 7 staff positions in the off-season. Saban had a freaking intern with a decade+ of D1 HC experience, and he wouldn’t  even promote him to special teams coach. Hell, he even brought back Steve Sarkisian, who was an unmitigated disaster in his first go around at bammer. But he wouldn’t promote his intern.

That should give you an idea of where Butch stands in the coaching community.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 11:36:28 EDT »

Consider that bammer turned over a whopping 7 staff positions in the off-season. Saban had a freaking intern with a decade+ of D1 HC experience, and he wouldn’t  even promote him to special teams coach. Hell, he even brought back Steve Sarkisian, who was an unmitigated disaster in his first go around at bammer. But he wouldn’t promote his intern.

Yep, Butch is a joke. I will be the first to admit that I bought a few cups of his koolaid when he first arrived at UT, and I loved the media hype that he brought, but he has proven that he's a tool and I wonder why the hell he ended up at UT in the first place. Can it be said that Dooley and Butch are the 2 worst hires EVER made by any school?

11B4PJ3F7
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 12:53:34 EDT »

Man did you hit the nail on the head. I've said the same thing that he couldn't get hired for a position right under Saban's nose and Saban wouldn't even have to pay him for 3 more years because we are through 2021
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 02:41:38 EDT »

yep

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2019, 02:47:05 EDT »

No doubt Jones left a mess.  A bit self-serving of Pruitt also though.   Putting aside conditioning and development, there is still more talent left from the Jones era than there was the Dooley era.  Pruitt should have this team in shape to compete for the East next season.  I'd expect more this season, but with both lines rebuilding we unfortunately must be patient again.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2019, 08:15:31 EDT »

In my opinion, Butch left a terrible situation from a morale and work ethic standpoint.

Was it worse than Dooley? I would say yes, but will admit that really I don't have the insight and knowledge to judge that accurately. I know from my coaching experiences that when a program is suffering from a mental standpoint it can be very difficult to turn around.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2019, 09:27:53 EDT »

In my opinion, Butch left a terrible situation from a morale and work ethic standpoint.

Was it worse than Dooley? I would say yes, but will admit that really I don't have the insight and knowledge to judge that accurately. I know from my coaching experiences that when a program is suffering from a mental standpoint it can be very difficult to turn around.

Exactly....In a lot of ways Butch left the program in worse shape. He knew he was a short timer and had tried to get out the year before. Our S&C program was pretty much non existent the last 2 whole seasons and actually part of 3. His last 2 recruiting classes weren't much and not SEC level except for maybe Vandy and the bottom third of the SEC. He was just a total cluster as a SEC coach and his ego ran off several good players that would have helped Pruitt last season if still here....There was a bad culture in the program that can't be changed in one season. It reared it's head in our last 2 games when several flat quit.

Gonna take time.....probably another year or 2 and we need to recruit in the top half of the SEC and not the back half too. Really need to show improvement this season...win more games and get to a decent bowl. We've got to have more to sell than playing time...Most of all the top recruits think they can go anywhere and play early.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2019, 09:40:55 EDT »

Gonna take time.....probably another year or 2 and we need to recruit in the top half of the SEC and not the back half too.

Unfortunately, that hasn't happened yet, which is a big red flag for me. We thought we were getting a staff full of ace recruiters- and other than Neidermeyer, that hasn't been the case.

There's still time to turn it around, but I don't like what I've seen so far.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2019, 10:32:03 EDT »

Unfortunately, that hasn't happened yet, which is a big red flag for me. We thought we were getting a staff full of ace recruiters- and other than Neidermeyer, that hasn't been the case.

There's still time to turn it around, but I don't like what I've seen so far.

Its interesting how we all see things from a different perspective.

Considering where this program has been for more than a decade, I would give this staff a lot of credit for the recruits that they've been able to bring in to the program. CJP and staff have only had one full recruiting cycle to date, and I would suggest that they over-achieved in that cycle.

Who knows, in the long run, this staff might not succeed but I'm given some hope by the recruits that they've been able to attract to this point.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: