VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 08:51:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BDV  (Read 1677 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
BDV
« on: July 29, 2019, 05:04:46 EDT »

any recommendations for an Android tablet?  I don't want top end, just something functional, but with a 10 inch screen

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 05:49:13 EDT »

My Asus tab just died after 5 years and I replaced it with an iPad. They had them on sale for $249 on Prime Day and I couldn’t pass that up. But if I wanted another Android, I’d probably go with the Galaxy Tab A.

I know it’s impossible to completely quit Google, but their privacy issues and their politics have been a real turnoff recently.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 10:30:57 EDT »

their privacy issues and their politics have been a real turnoff recently.

I think that concern exists with just about every company that sells tech 

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 02:29:56 EDT »

I think that concern exists with just about every company that sells tech 

Yes, but Apple isn't really in a position to censor or outright stifle political speech. Google is and does.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 03:24:41 EDT »

My Asus tab just died after 5 years and I replaced it with an iPad. They had them on sale for $249 on Prime Day and I couldn’t pass that up. But if I wanted another Android, I’d probably go with the Galaxy Tab A.

I know it’s impossible to completely quit Google, but their privacy issues and their politics have been a real turnoff recently.

Yeah, I hear you on the privacy issues.  Not happy about that.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 04:40:17 EDT »

Yes, but Apple isn't really in a position to censor or outright stifle political speech. Google is and does.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-apple-news-bans-lifesite-without-warning-shows-intolerance
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 09:33:11 EDT »

Yeah, well Apple's CEO is likely offended personally at some of their stances.   

And just to be clear, I am rolling my eyes at him, not organization banned.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: