VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 07:41:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TG II Alternate Trailer II  (Read 1318 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2019, 12:54:28 EDT »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/01FkOyjC_y8&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/01FkOyjC_y8&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 01:27:36 EDT »

A sky penis 

This is the first movie in years that I'm looking forward to seeing. I can't wait

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 04:08:12 EDT »

Tom Cruise is ooolllllddddd     

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 06:53:15 EDT »

Tom Cruise is ooolllllddddd     
Dang! So is Ed Harris.

volsboyinsodak
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 04:47:31 EDT »

Meh. Not into these retreads.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 12:18:24 EDT »

Meh. Not into these retreads.

Well this isn't a retread, but a sequel.  Cruise is the instructor now.  I am going to give it a chance.  Most of the younger crowd in my office is very excited (and yes, they watched on VHS or DVD years later), but then again I am an Aerospace Engineer, so that's to be expected.   

I'm not a huge Tom Cruise fan.  He thinks way too highly of himself, and given his L Ron Hubbardism and other at times weird behavior is a bit of a freak. 

But Top Gun was one of the best movies of the 80s hands down, so I plan to go to this one.  I never saw Top Gun in the theater even though it came out when I was a freshman, but did catch it on cable a year later.

And yes, I am worried that they are just going to re-do the whole "Maverick as the outsider fighting the legacy of his father" schtick with Goose's son, but I will wait and see.

Likely Cruise had a huge influence on the production of this one, unlike the original which is what really started him to fame along with Risky Business, and based on his production of the Mission Impossible series, which I find amusing but mostly silly, I am not holding my breath.  I expect Top Gun II to be over the top like MI is, and I will likely be rolling my eyes.

But I'm going to see it!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: